Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

It's taken me longer than I expected to re-check my games since the update to Spring Creators Update.
I've got 9 Steam non-car games left to do.
I'll probably finish them up later tonight or tomorrow some time.
The car games, I'll probably due sometime on Tuesday.
I'm not sure what time my wheel stand & shifter holder arrive on Monday.

Oh, I don't know if this rumor is true or not, but the new Ryzen cpu's being released later this month, are supposed to be really affordable.
I guess we'll find out later this month.
Hopefully I can swing getting a 2700X the top new one of the batch.

Checking the last of my Steam games is done and all of them play fine.
Now, it's on to figuring out what I'm getting Sebastian for his birthday today.
Probably a new soccer ball for him to eventually pop and maybe some human food.
Curious how far I can kick the soccer ball to him.
I'll try that one in my landlords 3 acre back yard. Mine's only about 1 acre.

Sebastian loves his new soccer ball and scented plastic bones.
My wheelstand and shifter mount are in the U.S. somewhere between Tennessee-Florida.
It was in Tennessee at 1 A.M. Saturday and left there at 4:30 A.M. Saturday.
I have to re-organize my bedroom a little bit Monday morning to make room for it.
That's easy enough, it's about time I put my walker & wheelchair in the garage.

Wheel Stand & Shifter Mount arrived at 12:00 P.M.
All my games are finished being re-setup now.
Picture 142.jpg
Picture 143.jpg

The wheel stand: Yes, I've tried and my roommate tried it.
I can fully recommend it.
All medal, pre-drilled for all Logitech < Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels, pedals and shifters.
Foldable with everything mounted to it and extremely sturdy.
Price isn't too bad and fast free shipping from GT Omega Racing.
Upgradable, too.
A seat bracket and seat can be purchased from them and it attaches to the back end of the stand at the bottom.
Comes with extra stand screws (for stand itself) and 2 extra plastic rear bottom that go over the back parts metal (Location where seat add-on metal and seat fits).
Easy to setup.
Stand itself takes 5-10 minutes.
Height and angling are adjustable for wheel height and angle.
Comes with all allen wrenches and wrench that are needed for stand. The shifter had both for it, too.

Last edited:
One day this week I have to take the wheel to a hardware store and pickup about 12 screws or bolts to the stand without the built in Logitech bolts the wheel and shifter both have.
Wheel takes 2, shifter takes 2 and pedals take 6.
All appear to be the same diameter, so the wheels the easies part to take in the store.

Pictures above:
My floors actually white, not lime green or red.
I'll mess with the camera settings in a few days.
I don't use it that often, so it's not high priority to me.
My eye's have been acting up a lot lately, too.
Cloudy, etc. at times.
That's probably why my eye doctor gave me a 3 month appointment, instead of a year follow up appointment.
I think it's approaching cataract surgery time on both eye's fast.

Starting from scratch now. PC only got Windows Defender & Maliscious Software Removal Tool updates on Tuesday.
Then after they were done, no matter what I did the screen would frequently go black for a few seconds.
Got tired of it, as pc was clean of malware and drivers are most recent one's, so clean install of everything was started late Tuesday night.
I have to contact Cyberlink's support sometime today, as 3/4 of Cyberlink Media Suite 14 won't install this time around.

I just found out the prices for the new AMD Ryzen cpu's and new X470 motherboards.
I'm definitely going for the 2700X cpu.
I'm waiting for the reviews for the motherboards first, before I decide on which one I'm gonna get.
As far as the clean install goes, I'm on the last of my Steam game downloads now.
Tomorrow, I have to reconfigure Opera, Firefox & Chrome.
Then get all my extensions for them and do Firefox's about:config tweaks.
Then reinstall and setup Twitch & Discord.
Then finish it up with reinstalling Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and running a full scan with it.

Oh, I got the bolts for the wheel stand into my wheel, pedal & shifter Wednesday.
All I have left to do is fold it up and then put the last 2 bolts into the wheel.
Pedals and shifter were done Wednesday & Thursday.

Crosshair VII Hero is shy by 1 onboard usb connection I need.
The only 2 Asus X470 boards for me are the Crosshair VII Hero Wifi or the ROG Strix Pro Gaming X470-F.
I need a total of 2 usb 2.0 & 2 usb 3/3.1 for my case.
4 USB 2.0 & 2 USB 3.0 ports on it's top and a usb 2.0 or 3.0/3.1 for my memory card reader.
I use a use a USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 adaptor for the memory card reader and it work fine in Windows 10, as far as being recognized.

That would work if it were for parts that aren't in my case. They're in my case, though.
Technically my case itself needs 4 usb ports.
I didn't plug in the cases built-in sd reader, as my memory card reader covers every type of card.
I'm also out of space for any more pc stuff in my room.
My desk is pretty crammed with stuff on it.
My bedroom is really crammed, too.
I keep a lot of my food that doesn't need to be frozen or refrigerated in my room.
Same goes for my beverages.
Otherwise roommates eat and drink it all.
I'm the only one that knows how to go to a grocery store and get food, if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom