Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

One of my doctor's is trying to get Sebastian setup as a service dog for me.
I don't know if it will work, though, as he's already 6 years old and too old to be trained for it.
If it can be pulled off, though, I can take him onn any bus or plane and get into assisted living, if I want.
I have so much different stuff going on medical wise at the moment, so it's hard to focus on that at the moment.
I've got a cancer screening and prostate exam coming up over the next two months, on top of 2 diabetes appointment and a nephrologist appointment for my diabetic kidney disease next month.
Then by the time I get through that as I know for the prostate stuff numerous September and October appointments will be added.
Then November is the next eye exam and I already know December will be the different eye surgeries for the cataracts and glaucoma.
I know about those surgeries, as the ey doctors, is just trying to rule out my long standing diabetic retinopathy as the cause.
I already know it isn't the cause as from the glaucoma, I get frequent headaches (never get headaches, until recently and they're numerous times daily now) and eye watering. Both are glaucoma symptoms.
As far as the cataracts go, my vision has been getting cloudy a lot. Symptom of the cataracts getting worse.
The retinopathy I had laser surget for in 1999 and I know it's not the cause of the cloudy vision, headaches and eye watering frequently.
All the cloudiness, headaches nd eye watering have just started in late January.
They're definitely from the cataracts getting worse and the glaucoma.

Motherboard or ram purchase isn't happening until October now.
Whatever I don't get in October will be purchased in December.
Got some new clothes and other stuff out of the way this month.
Also, had to do another clean install of Windows 10 on this pc thanks to that last CCleaner update, before they pulled it.
I ditched CCleaner for good and am using PrivaZer donators version now.
As far as the bugs I experienced from CCleaner 3.35:
Assetto Corsa Ultimate would not work properly at all. If you clicked on anything (Benchmark, Play New Game, etc.) it would go back to the previous screen you were just on.
Zinio Offline Reader 5 would download new magazines, but freeze up when you tried to read any of your magazines.
Disk Cleanup would freeze up.
After the clean install with no CCleaner on my pc, everything is back to working order.

Yeah, PrivaZer's pretty good and doesn't mess stuff up from my use so far.
I just configured it to leave the thumbnail cache alone and it's fine.
Between Bitdefender's vpn and PrivaZer nobody can see what I've done.
The vpn I only use for shopping mainly, so nobody can steal my financial stuff (credit card number), at least on my end.
No guarantee's for the companies you deal with though.

I decided on my next video card series, but I'm waiting awhile before actually getting it.
I'm gonna get a Nvidia RTX 1070, but it'll be awhile before I get it.
Mobo, ram and new monitor all come first in my parts to get list.
As far as the monitor and video card go, it will be 2019 for them.
By then the reviews for the RTX 20702's will be out and then I'll decide on which I can afford and am getting.
If the reviews aren't good, then I'm sure the GTX 1080's and GTX 1080ti's will become more affordable.

nvidia optimus has an issue with Windows 10 ... be sure about what driver is running the card or you will end up looking at blank white screens when you open graphics software

the software controller made for Nvidia cards Nvidia Optimus - Wikipedia
you make a profile for each game | software you run and can turn options on or off as needed... the Microsoft autoupdates has a way of mucking these profiles up and that can end with you looking at a blank white screen because the gcard gets disabled

I won't need to worry about it until sometime next year.
I still have the mobo and ram left to get this year.
Plus, I'm in the process of receiving more unplanned medical curveball's at the moment.
Now, I may need some sort of surgery on both my legs due to something vascular going on that cause's severe leg cramps while walking or lying down.
I'm now at the point of losing count of how many physician's I have.
After the new doctor, I think it's 8, but I have a few behind the scenes, too. like for my eye problems.

New AMD Adrenalin 18.8.2 drivers released today.
3DMark scores:
Tim Spy: 4353 down
Fire Strike: 11808 up
Fire Strike Extreme: 6049 up
Be warned AMD changed the driver download page some. Once you click on Drivers & Support just click on the Learn More next to Radeon Software Andrenalin Edition and then click on Download Now on the next page to proceed.

I cann't use them because they check Microsoft build as part of the install... then fail to install but don't reset the old driver by default

Last edited:
What build are you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
me? I'm on 16299 as you can see by clinking on the black CPZ-Z image... the Radenon (piece of shit) graphics software keeps interrupting my gaming to tell me about their new driver and its getting to the point that I will have to go digging into the scheduler to kill it

Screenshot (278).png

p.s, this is a screenshot of Nvidia software doing the same sin... for a gcard maker to kick you from a game = someone needs to be sacked!

Screenshot (1264).png

Been AMD for years and not seen that behaviour and now just gone Nvidia and uninstalled that geforce experience nonsense. If games need configuring I can do that myself.

to be clear, that popup notice is from the default control panel... I don't have the Nvidia experience nonsense installed

I've only had 3 Nvidia card's so far.
A Gefroce 6800 Xtreme and the 2 GTX 760's on my old pc
Depending on the reviews and prices of the 3rd party RTX 2070's, that'll probably be my 3rd Nvidia card.
The new video card for me will be by spring time 2019, along with a 4k ips monitor that does better than 60hz.
Not waiting for or expecting much from the next line of Vega cards.
Purchased a Newegg gift card towards my motherboard purchase in October.

Back