Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I'm limiting my pc use for a few days.
Medical appointments are increasing to 5 a week at the moment.
To top that off I just had my right armpit cut open by the e.r. dues to some sort of bacterial infection that looks like huge mosquito bites without and a entry spot on them.
At first they stung like a misquito bite, but then they got bigger and painful.
The e.r. cut them open and stuck gauze in the cut openinfs.
Now it hurts worse then before I went there.

ussnorway: Have you tried the clean install with the Nvidia driver or tried running DisplayDriverUninstaller in safe mode, before installing the new drivers ?

its not a software conflict from old drivers... Microsoft is dropping support for Windows 10 enterprise and older builds like v1511 and v1607 so other vendors like Nvidia and Adobe have no option but to drop older WX builds as well

if I want the lastest Nvidia drivers (which to be clear are the exact same drivers I have now with a new date stamp) then I must first allow Microsoft to run updates and bring my systems forward... I have tested the current build | drivers and was not impressed so Microsoft | Nvidia can F-off

my WX build is 16299 (September 2017 )... the current offical build is 17134 (April 2018 Update) but my systems get no advantage from this build because the hardware is too old to run | need any of the newest things

Last edited:
Yeah, All i've really noticed in all the feature updates is fluff and a update here or there.
I personally think the first version of Windows 10 was the best.
I'll bet they stopped listening to the insider's after the first release was over.
I'll bet in the next feature updater or soon after they kill of support for AMD FX cpu's and Intel Skylake cpu's.

My arm's starting to feel better. Now it only bothers me when I sleep or first wakeup.
Hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning is the last of that as the bandage and gauze stuffing bet's taken out.,

Arms' better after the gauze was removed from inside it this morning.
That was the first 5 hour's of today
Then at 3:30 the bad news started rolling in.
Apparently, I was right, I have P.V.D. (Perifial Vascular Disease), but that's not all of it.
Aortoillic Disease.
The Venyicular Surgeon's office that did my 2 ultrasound's and treadmill test last week sent a copy of the result's to my podiatrist, who gave me the news today.
It kind of sound's like I could literally be a walking dead man.
He said I'll need the stents either now or really soon I'll need by-pass suregery soon, too and some other procedure soon, too.
He also said to keep my copy of the report close to me at all times, so I'm not giving the wrong medice or treated for the wrong thing.
He also, layed out there that I could be doing anything and just drop for good.
I guess the funny part of it all, is that my smoking cigarettes isn't the cause of it, as my cholesterol, triglyceride's and blood pressure are all normal and not high at all.
He stated my diabetes as the cause of it all.
Apparently from what I readup online about it, it's the cause of my severe fry sking in my lower legs and feet.
Now, I get to do the fun part and warn my family.

More medical stuff popped up Monday during my upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Apparently, I've got a hiatal hernia and also a few colon polyps were found.
Also, the medicine they gave me to clean myself out prior to the testing didn't fully work on me.
The hernia from what I read on the paperwork they gave me, may have been there since 10/97.
The paperwork states they can cause acid reflux (GERD) and I've had that since 10/97.
Anyway, enough of the medical stuff.
As I get my disability on my birthday, the motherboard is gonna be my birthday gift to myself.
After I receive it from Newegg, a few day's later the medical stuff will startup again, as I'll find out what's happening next with the vascular stuff starting on the 11th.
I'm sure that will keep me occupied unyil late November-early December when I get my cataract & glaucoma surgeries on both eye's.

AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.9.3 drivers released today.
3DMark scores:
Time Spy : 4346 No change from 18.9.2 driver
Fire Strike : 11797 down slightly
Fire Strike Extreme : 6050 down slightly.

My life just got real interesting.
My landlord told my roommate & I on September 21st that he was going to be putting the houuse we rent up for sale in the end of October.
Apparently he lied to both of us as, as of yesterday some guy came to our door and said our landlord sold him the house and he take's possession of it as of October 1st.
Gee, I've witnessed my mother selling houses numerous times after my father passed away and for any type of real estate sale, there has to be a closing at some sort of local government building that takes place.
That normally takes 4 or more weeks from what I remember.
Thus, it sounds like a illegal sale as it's not in front of the government where any taxes are collected on the spot.
I'll be checking the details on all that with my mom, as I've never purchased any land or buildings in my life.
He stated to both of us, that he would loan us each $1000.00 when we find a place to live and that we need to be out on October 31st.
Then the guy comes over again today and threatens to force us both out Tuesday, because my roommate's girlfriend smiled, whil my roommate was saying something to him.
The guy's a real asshole and I'm gonna enjoy having the police department remove hiss ass Tuesday when he tries his illegal eviction, which neither my roommate or I have received any legal eviction documentation on.
I'm gonna make sure Tuesday and beyond is a fun legal day.
ABC, CBS and NBC News in our area has been contacted by us both.
With me being a type 1 diabetic w/numerous medical issues and being a Social Security Disability and our landlord owning a local used car dealership, I'm sure the news will jump on this one as of tomorrow,
A friend of ours called the police, while we each called the news channel's and they're ready to put the guy in his place Tuesday.
1st time I've ever used my health as a excuse, but it's for a worthy cause at the moment.
Our current landlord has been avoiding both of us, too.
As he lives next door to us and conveniently hasn't been there since Thursday night.

Last edited:
I hope they do put them in their place. Keith thats so not on, I wish you much luck and hope it goes well for you.

Yes, so much b-s.
I also, believe my landlord failed telling him I'm a black belt, too.
My roommate think's the guy is a ex-military sergeant by how he tries talking tough.
A: My father was a retired military sergeant.
B: My brother's retired Lt. Col. that could make the guy lose reank for not saluting him or being dis-respectful.
Half tempted to have him pay me a emergency visit.

Weird folder on drive C after Tuesday's 2018 Update installation.
Folder name is SWindows.~WS.
It still appear's after running Disk Cleanup, Disk Cleanup Clean up system files. run:\ temp, run:\%temp%, , Storage Free up space now.
It aalso still shows up after administrative command prompt cleanmgr /sagerun:1 after ressting it up.
All were run Tuesday night with remove previous versions of Windows, etc. checked.
Windows.old did get removed by disk cleanup.
Is it safe to delete that folder.
I'm almost positive it's either from the October 2018 Update install or running the newest version of the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's Windows 10 download site Tuesday night after the October 2018 Update install restarts, Windows Update/Store update runs until none found, with restarts and then making a October 2018 Update bootable flash drive with the new Media Creation Tool.
Then doing everything listed above.

So far the housing issue isn't working out in Sebastian & I's way yet.
Nobody I've emailed on Craigslist has responded back to me.
Can't get my brother in the same town as me's help with trying to find a place or moving.
My mom's worthless as far as any help no matter what the situation is and even made a smart ass comment about it to me Wednesday during her birthday call to me.
Basically in a nut shell the comment was I was supposed to use my crystal ball to foresee this happening bback in October, 1997 before I moved to Florida.
I was nice and didn't curse at her for it, like my other sibling's would have.
I used my father's route and told her I had to go and hung up my phone.
I'm just hoping something works out somehow for us fast.
The house now has only my roommate and my stuff in our bedrooms, my bike locked up by me in the garage, Sebastians bed and 3 bowls.
The guy tore out everything in the kitchen except a microwave oven and the refrigerator.
All kitchen cabinets, stove/oven, utensils, plates, bowls, pots/pans, coffee maching, toaster and toaster oven were taken away in the first of 3 trash bins in our driveway.
The other 2 trashbins contained the rest of the houses furniture minus a kitchen table he lest without any form of a chair in the house other than our desk chairs in our two bedrooms.
He even went as far as to turn the water off.
I've been getting his water from our ex-landlord hose next door and I also bought a gallon of water at a liquor store near the house during the short 45 minutes the guy wasn't here.
The outside water from the hose next door was hot/almost burnin hot.
Glad the refrigerator still had ice in its ice maker container.
I saw the ex landlord around lunch time. Sebastian ran up to him, so I was forced to taalk to him.
He started all this early by a month on this and had the nerve to invite over for a beer last night.
Sebastian & I didn't show up.
I unfortunately have to be nice to him, until I move. as I asked his wife to keep my insuling in her refrigerator for me, as I have a feeling the refrigerators going soon, just like he purposely broke the central air by forcing us too keep the house below 65 degrees at all times.
The house is fine at 75-77 degrees when we had control of it.

Looking like it's my last post here.
Housing issue got worse, instead of better.
Sebastian & I were forced out on October 7th and put in a hotel ubtil what was supposed yo be October 31st, but turned out to only be until this Sunday October 21st.
Buy cut everything off, so I had no way to contact anyone. No police or anyone could be contacted.
My step-brother that lives in the same town turned out to be a worthless piece of shit to boot.
Not able to find anything here for Sebastian & myself.
New house owner threatened to shoot Sebastuan and animal control wouldn't even help me get safe housing for Sebastian.
Loooking like Sebastian and I are losing everything by Sunday morning.
**NOTE/WARNING TO RVRYONE: STAYY AWAY DROM FLORIDA, STATE HAS NO CLUE ON WHAT HELP IS. NOT EVEN FOR ANIMALS OR MEDICALLY DISABLED PEOPLE.
GOODBYE EVERYONE. THIS THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR GOOD!

Knowing my like, which there is none, exept for bad luck, it's not changing. Newspaper classifieds sre a joke and Craiglist ad's are turning out that way, too.
I've responded to ecery ad and haven't heard anything back from any of them for over a month now.
My families just as useless to boot.
As of tomorrow at 11 AM, we can kiss our stuff goodbye and try having fun being homeless.

Back