Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Hand fracture isn't as bad as the e.r. had me thinking.
It may be healed fully in 2 weeks.
Anyways, I have a Windows 10 issue I need help with since my move back to California.
Now Windows 10 keeps having issues with my Maximus VIII Her's Realtek HD drivers and me having to almost daily uninstall and reinstall Asus's most current driver for it.
That plus Windows 10 appearing buggy daily.
Windows Update, Microsoft/Wind0ws Store Updat and Windows 10 all appear to be nuggy.
All is updayed and no malware appears during repeated scans.
Example of various experienced issues.
  1. Need to quite frequently open progra,s through This PC instead of directly through the Start menus as it faila to scroll all the way down to what I want ans if it does and I click on say Windows Security, etc., nothing happens.
  2. Windows Update doesn't rescan for updates or appear to fully work properly.
  3. Same goes for Microsoft/Windows Store, if I click to check for updates it occasionally works right, but moat times it does the same as Windows 10 does in general. Stuff shows ip with a odd white circle aroung ir, but nothing works. Examplw: If action Center shows something and I go to click the X near it to make it go away, nothing happens.
Not really qanting to do a clean install, yet, as the current internet connection is slow as molasses (2**kbps-2.5 mbps tops.
Thinking of looking into getting FIOS for myself next month.
I definitely need strong internet for next month's planned Ryzen upgrade.
All I need now is a unfractured right hand and my faster DDR4 ram.
My AM4 upgrade kit for my EKWB EK XLC Predator 240 1.1 arrived earlier today.
The rams all I need now.

nmsuk: I'm sure I'll like it.
Technically I could do the upgrade right now just using my current DDR4.
AS I know I'll need to do a clean install and my current slow internet speed I'm witing to have the slightly faster DDR4 ram, a lot faster internet speed and I just thought of a thord reason.
Reaason 3: My new Windows 10 Pro key still hasn't arrived in over 2 months now.
Still bombarded with other stuff to do that that and the Sebastian stuff I haven't been able to do.
My brother & his girlfriend still want me to go to Vegas with them Sunday - Tuesday.
I'm not interested in gambling and don't have any money to blow there.
I'm staying put at home.

I need to figure out how to get my Windows 10 Pro key from Digital Games Shop or get a refund of my $15.99 they charged me.

I'm gonna need that new key for the Ryzen upgrade, as it's a new cpu , mobo. and ram.
This mobo, cpu and ram are gonna replace my old pc's FX 8350, 990FX mobo and DDR3 ram.
I gave my brother that one.
I'll walk him through the parts swap in it.
I'm only doing this pc.
He can do that one.

AsRock X470 Taichi Ultimate & AMD Ryzen 2700X are ready to go.
Just waiting for D Skill Sniper X DDR4 3600 (2x16GB sticks) ram next moth and EK Water Blocks AM$ backplate and waterblock addon installation on my EK XLC Predaator 240 1.1.
Already have The EK Water Blocks AM4 Upgrade kit.
Just waiting pm the new ram & new Windows 10 Pro key.
I already know that more than likely I'll need to downclock the ram to either DDR4 3466 or DDR4 3400.

When built and you go to activate instead of getting a new key, try to activate and if it fails goto troubleshoot and then choose the old machine and it may transfer over. Nice looking board is that.

Just noticed you've go for 2 16gb sticks. Getting dual rank memory working is going to be interesting.

Yeah, I may try a kit of the G Skill Trident Z RGB that's actually DDR4 3600 and then see what speed between DDR3400 - DDR4 3600.
It has 2 16GB sticks, instead of 2 8DB aticks.
I went through the manual for the X470 Taichi Ultimate early this morinig.
Compared to my old AMD 990FX and my current Z170's UEFI's and the included software for the mobo., I've got a bunch to freshen up on and relearn.

nmsuk: I'll most likely be doing that.
I most definitely have a lot of AMD st8ff to relearn and Ryzen stuff to learn.
I've gottrn used to Intel again over the last few years.
It shouldn't be that bad, though.
I'm only planning the ram overclock for starters.
Then maybe I'll try a 4.2 or 4.3 cpu overclock down the road.
For the ram I'm gonna try the full DDR4 3600 at first and see if it works.
I've really heard on the Asrock forums is that the board doesn't like all 4 ram slots filled.

sunday - Tuesday Las Vegas trip.Glad I go to see my new eye clinic for all my cataract & glaucoma testing and hopefully surgery setups for both tomorrow morning.
Then Thursday I go back to the orthopedic surgeon I have for my hand, but I'm having him X-ray both my legs.
A: To see if my 2 left legs bones ever grew back together finally after almost 2 years.
B: Both legs have been getting painful and creamping up more often.
Let's just say the leg cramps and pain ruined a Sun. - Tues. Las Vegas trip'
Was stuck sitting on the bed modt of the trip.

I get my Glaucoma & Cataract; aLooks like I'm getting one of these 2 G. Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 kits.
Need opinions of which to choose on January 3rd.
-20-232-709--Product

-20-232-708--Product

Also had a additional medical curve ball thrown at me this week.
A: (Non-Curveball) I get mt Glaucoma & Cataract surgery on January 24th.
B; Had X-Rays of both lower legs done.
Cirveballs:
  1. Left leg bones still haven't grown together.
  2. Never given post able to walk on left leg physical therapy never given to me.
  3. I need to permanently use a 3-pronged cane to walk from now on.

End result after having a 2nd opinion, is to try and find a attorney to go after my ex-orthopedic surgeon in Florida for mal-practice.

i'd rsther have 32GBs, like I have now, if I can.
Seeing as I'i'm going for the 16GB sticks instead of 8GB sticks.
I've followed the Asrock Forums for the last month and from what I've seen the Asrock AMB mobo's dob't like all 4 ram slots filled.
I'd rather have 32GBs of ram like I do now.
Seeing as I'm going DDR4 3200 I should be fine even if I overclock the cpu with the DDR4 3200 speed.
I've been doing homewqork on all of it.
Still debating on if I'll even bother overclocking it to 4.2 or 4.3, I may just leave it stock.
I will be putting my add-on fan kit for ny EK XLC Predator 240 to use finally for push/pull exhauust on the yop of the case.
I may get some magnetic red led light strips down thhe road, too.
Those won't happen until RTX 2070 time, though.
That will be April or May.
Monitor will be June or July.
Then I may upgrade my Logitech 5.1's to thee 500 watt Logitec 7.1's.
At that time the nwighbor's will learn what real music is and they won't be able to outsound my pc.

Left hand is back to being non-fractured.
Saw my new Endocrinologist for my diabetes.
He's gonna be adding atleast 6 more physician's to my current 6 new physicians.
Something tells me a few more are gonna be added to that list real soon.
I lifted and moved the queen bed in my room over about 4" by myself, so my pc should be a piece of cake next month, when I swap out the cpu, mobo and ram.
Once I have my 80' RJ-45 cable next month, the Ryzen upgrade occurs.
Not doing the upgrade/clean Windows 10 install on slow wi-fi.
Good thing the new ram and ethernet cable are being ordered together.
Right now the wi-fi is so slow that I can't watch any videos (YouTube, WWE Network, etc.).
The slow 9kbps-2.5mbps. wi-fi is way too slow for me.
I got too used to my old 105.-115. mbps in Florida.

Hi I was looking for a decent VPN Provider for my new PC Build. My use will be streaming and torrenting. Need suggestions as black friday is also very close and was hoping to get a good deal. This article has listed so many providers that I was confused in taking the decision however NordVPN looks a good choice because it has the most servers compared to others.
VPN for du UAE

Read the reviews on vpnguru

Back