Need help diagnosing upload problems?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi guys.

For the last few days I've been running into problems uploading files.
This is on Photobucket, Image Shack, to the Adobe Forums, and to a drop box service with a Indesign file of about 5 mb zipped.

A few of the files go through but most fail.

Some of the files that I haven't been able to upload are as small as 175 K.

Normally I upload large video files, sometimes as big as a couple of hundred megabytes with no problems.

My connection speeds seem normal, I'm running the Secret World beta with no problems either way.

I don't know where to go about figuring out what's happening since I've never run into this before. But It's happened a a verity of sites so I can't blame it on them.

Anyone have any ideas where to start?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Not sure if this will help, but, I had a similar issue with Photobucket and Image Shack a few years ago and I switched to TinyPic and MediaFire after noticing many members of the forums I was on were using them also and I haven't had a problem since.
Are the files of the same format?

Don

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Hi

Different formats and some are very small but it just stops after a while and times out.
I've used Photo Bucket for a long time with out issues, but I was also having problems uploading a small file to the Adobe forums.

This only started a couple of days ago, I have a 100 mbs connection and this kind of thing is't usually and issue.
But for the last few days I can only get a file to upload once in a while, one will go through and then the next one will fail 3 times in a row.

Mike

Is it a particular format that has trouble, or is it random.

Currently I'm having an issue with my internet cutting in & out and I keep switching my ethernet cables to a different port, I thought it was my ISP as we were having phone problems, but now it seems like my modem/router is going bad.
Have you checked yours? Or, have your ISP run a check.

Don

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Hi

I'll try that.

Mike

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Hi

I finally got it fixed, I started running ping tests and found my upload speed to be .06 mbs.
Pretty darn slow. LOL

After resetting and retesting my router 3 times the upload speed suddenly changed to 3.75 mbs.
Much better, my download speed stayed the same at about 25 mbs.

so everything is back to normal.

Mike

Glad to hear that Mike, your fix was free, mines gonna cost me another $60 or so.

Don

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.