Windows 7 Need Help - suspect USB modem causing BSODS

Wasson

I require assistance with a recurring, yet strangely sporadic and random BSOD problem. Seems to only happen when just browsing the web, as there have been instances where I have played online games such as World of Tanks with it for hours at a time with teamspeak running as well and had 0 problems.

In particularly- it seems to always seems to happen just after a "button" or link is clicked I guess boils down to a command being executed from the mouse. BUT there was once in particular when the system BSOD'ed while dealing with the finnicky "VZAccess Manager" program that verizon uses to big-brother your internet usage.

I'm using a Novatel usb 3G/4G modem the 551 model, from what I can tell from looking at their sites and comparing to the one I have looking to see if they have drivers for it to download... I got it from Verizon Wireless. My computer sits more insular in the house, I have the modem placed relatively far away near a window where it gets great reception. it is connected to a USB cable in-lime amplifier as to extend past 15 feet. This is the cable plugged into the USB port, are these known to cause problems?

I have the minidump file attached.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 111811-14632-01.rar
    32.3 KB · Views: 168
More BSODS...one seemed to happened after I woke it from sleep mode but I had walked away and did something else.

Help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• minidumps.rar
    69.7 KB · Views: 183
Hi Wasson and Welcome to The Forum

Sometimes posts slip through a time warp black hole. Yours appears to have been one of those.......

You're getting a Stop Error Code 116

nVidia Graphics Drivers.

• Download and install Driver Sweeper.
  • Uninstall your current Graphics setup through Programs and Features
  • Boot to and run (preferably) Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to clean up the remnants of your current Graphics set up.
  • Reboot to Normal Mode.
  • Install your new Graphics set up.

Thanks dude. I removed the offending drivers and installed a different driver for my GPU and the BSODs have ceased. Just wanted to say thanks before I forgot*