Windows 7 Netowrk driver fails to install even in safe mode

ZprivateZ

Network adapter in question is Intel PRO\1000 PL
Here's how it went everything has been fine for awhile then I rebooted my machine today and then I had a red X on the network icon in the systray and no internet. So I rebooted my router then my machine and still had the red X on the network icon in systray but now had internet working. So I went threw windows help and 1 solution said to uninstall hardware threw device manager and reinstall, well this is were everything went to crap. Now it will not install/load the driver back to complete reinstalling the hardware everything time I try I get Windows failed to load driver and when I look why it says "the parameter is incorrect". I tried downloading the windows 7 driver from intel for my network adapter and it fails, I tried the driver on the resource cd for my pc and it fails, I try to let windows pick it's default driver and it fails. Always the same thing so now I can't get the thing to even install back to even get internet. It's not a hardware problem because on the same pc I have dual boot running with XP and everything is fine with the XP as always. Like I said before everything was fine until today and I have no idea what else to try other than reinstalling the OS which I can't afford for it to come to that nor should it have to. Any help would be appreciated to get this issue resolved thanks

Back