Windows 7 Network Adaptor Disconnecting

Sirius

There are many threads like this one but hell I learnt nothing from any of them. Hopefully this can be clean and straightforward and be a refference for others with the same problem.

I think my problem is common with W7.

I don't know what set's it off, but even loading up firefox will sometimes be enough, so it is not only high loads it suffers under. My internet cuts out however the diagnose and repair does fix it EVERY time by restarting the adaptor. Every time I turn on my PC I have to do this diagnose/repair before anything so my net works. It loads up already broken.

I did not have this problem with Vista beforehand. Other computers still on Vista, on the same network are not having problems. This is directly related to the instalation of W7.

I have a Belkin Wireless N USB adaptor. F5D8053 v3

I have run the msinfo32 and most of the info under network adaptor is "not available" Start>run>msinfo32

[Adapter]

Item Value
Name [00000000] WAN Miniport (SSTP)
Adapter Type Not Available
Product Type WAN Miniport (SSTP)
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID ROOT\MS_SSTPMINIPORT\0000
Last Reset 28/06/2009 20:57
Index 0
Service Name RasSstp
IP Address Not Available
IP Subnet Not Available
Default IP Gateway Not Available
DHCP Enabled No
DHCP Server Not Available
DHCP Lease Expires Not Available
DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available
MAC Address Not Available
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rassstp.sys (6.1.7100.0, 73.00 KB (74,752 bytes), 22/04/2009 04:53)

There is no yellow mark on device manager, and it is correctly identified. I did use the drivers from the website only a few hours ago after fresh instal of W7.

Much help would be appreceated, I had to 'fix' the internet 4 times just writing this short post!

Maybe I did the drivers wrong by the look of the config :S But an adaptor reset is all windows does to fix it! Even a shortcut to just doing this would give me a lot of ease, as it would save me having to sit through the whole diagnose/repair process each and every time!

Thank you,
Guy

Last edited:
The problem is getting worse and worse, Now it breaks after fixing before I can even refresh the page.

All I am doing is browsing this site!

PLEASE help!

Well after it gave out to the point I couldent even get back to the forum, I noticed the driver folder was called XP2K whilst the one on my old vista instalation was, you guessed it, Vista.

Stupid belkin website.

Let this be a warning too ye all.

Belkin trouble

I have exactly the same problem, but I'm not sure whether you managed to solve yours with a different driver, installing it using compatibility mode or whatever. Could you please elaborate?

On my PC I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to the Win 7 RC and the wireless adapter worked fine after that. However I then did a clean install to Win 7 RTM and the adapter now randomly disconnects. I couldn't find the installation CD that came with the adapter, but Win 7 found its own driver and reports that it is both up-to-date and working.

Any help welcome!

Gadget

are you using Belkin hardware?

I thought the belkin site was easy to use, after using it a few times, but it was me choosing the wrong driver.

I have had not had W7 fix this problem myself, i remember it trying and failing.

My only advice would be to look on the official site of who gave you your hardware, and try a few drivers until one works. Obvuisly try drivers you think are right, dont do random ones.

Best of luck to you.

If you post your network adapter model I can have a look and see what drivers i find for them? see if we have different ones maybe?

Hi Sirius, and thanks for your quick reply!

Obviously I wasn't clear enough - my bad. I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same bit of kit - The Belkin F5D8053 wireless N USB adapter.

The troubleshooter always resets the adapter and this always seems to work - for a while. It then drops the connection and I have to reset again. I downloaded a driver from the Belkin website and also allowed Win 7 to find its own - seems to be the same story either way!

Gadget

the filepath to my drivers are C:\Program Files\Belkin\F5D8053\Vista32

while i was suffering from the problem, the filepath was C:\Program Files\Belkin\F5D8053\XP2K

I had downloaded the wrong drivers from the official site. still the right model, but ones that where out of date i think.

Do a more advanced search on belkin.com for F5D8053 it should come up with something. That is how i fixed mine, the weird thing is though there wasnt neccerserally any noticable difference from the loacations and file i downloaded, but they did separate things.

I hope this solves your problem :) It's nice to know this thread cam ein useful after me seeming like an idiot :D

I had a very similar issue with my wireless N networking card. Basically i disabled the N networking and now i dont get any disconnects anymore. This is just a suggestion!!!

Sorted - thanks everyone!

Well, I've solved my Belkin disconnection issue. As advised by several here, I uninstalled the Belkin F5D8053 v 3000 driver from the PC, and then reinstalled it using Vista compatibility - it worked straight away and as well as before.

Many thanks to everyone who suggested this course of action, on this and other threads.

Gadget

Well, I've solved my Belkin disconnection issue. As advised by several here, I uninstalled the Belkin F5D8053 v 3000 driver from the PC, and then reinstalled it using Vista compatibility - it worked straight away and as well as before.

Many thanks to everyone who suggested this course of action, on this and other threads.

Gadget

Thank you soo much for this help. I have been trying to fix this issue for hours.

I was ready to get new adapter as well.

Thanks Again

Back
Top Bottom