No WiFi or internet. Problem with network adaptor.

Bluestreak

Hello all. New here and was wondering if I could get some help or opinions. I'm your average user, understand a bit but not an expert.

The issue- Three week old Asus laptop (X509UA) running Win 10, everything going fine but turned on yesterday and no access to wifi/internet at all. No option to even turn WiFi on/off. Running the trouble shooter returns the message 'Windows could not find a driver for your network adaptor'.

I looked online and found some help. Most of them say the same thing. Check power management and reinstall drivers. I tried to check the power management but couldn't find the section in device manager. I also tried to reinstall/update the drivers but it failed.

I'm a little stumped as to what to do now. Any advice would be appreciated. I've attached a photo of the device manager and what is under network adapters. Is the even an adapter there?

Attachments

• 20200201_172501.jpg
    20200201_172501.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 47

GDany

You should definitely use your warranty service, your network card is damaged.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Power management, right click the start menu icon and select power options. It also tells you the issue is a missing driver which is available from the manufacturer.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Since it doesn't show up at all. it is either hardware disabled or damaged. Most likely the former. Look for a physical switch or fn+F# key combos that could be disabled.

Bluestreak

Thanks for the replies guys. The problem has been resolved but not directly through anything I tried. I tried network reset, DISM in command prompt and some other things in various settings and driver changes. After each thing I tried I restarted but it was the same. A couple hours later I just restarted the computer and magically it was fixed.

Thanks for your help.