Windows 10 Network List Does Not Show All Computers

DRepke

I'm running a home domain network with Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, a couple of other servers, three desktops and three laptops and a tablet running Win 10 Pro, and some android tablets and smartphones with an ASUS RT-87R router with attached USB hard drive.

I just recently realized that several of the Windows computers and the USB router-attached hard drive are not showing in the Network folder of most computers like they used to. Only one Win 10 desktop (running latest version 1709 build 16299.64) shows all of these network devices. The other computers (running the same version of Win 10 and also version 1703) do not show several of the computers nor do they show the router-attached USB hard drive. This issue has only started fairly recently although I don't know exactly when it started.

The desktop whose Network folder shows all of the devices is running the same version of Windows and Norton Security as three other desktops that do not show all of the devices. I cannot find any reason for the differences. This is driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? How do I troubleshoot this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you have network discovery enabled for the current firewall profile that is being used?

I would try toggling that setting it will re-apply the firewall rules. If you use a third party firewall that could be blocking the required ports I would try disabling it if present and test.

Back
Top Bottom