Windows 7 New laptop , windows 7 over windows 7

meenacta

My son in his haste, installed the system disk and loaded windows again.
Now I have a folder windows.old created. Can I just simply copy folders back to root drive?
There is no restore points to go to ,the laptop is new. I have reloaded most of the drivers
but there are some programs in the .old folder I would like back.

Yes... but I would use the hidden OS partion, commonly the D: drive with about 10 to 20 gigs, and reset the laptop to factory condition. Depending on laptop maker, it's generally stright forward process.

Yes... but I would use the hidden OS partion, commonly the D: drive with about 10 to 20 gigs, and reset the laptop to factory condition. Depending on laptop maker, it's generally stright forward process.

So I need to make a partion first, then do a factory reset. Will I lose my factory installed antivirus program in the reset? Sorry for all the questions , but I not very computer savy

It might be best if you told us the model of the laptop, and what your "System" disk is exactly? There are many ways to recover systems and the OEMs use different ones.

I found this on the Dell Site, and it refers to something like respawn.... Maybe it is about the same thing Pat linked.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back