Windows 10 news website videos stall but YouTube work fine.

docweathers

Extraordinary Member
I have a six-month-old Dell laptop and a 10-year-old Dell desktop. Everything works just fine on the laptop. But on the desktop, both local and national news station videos will not download without pauses, though YouTube and similar ones work fine.

I have the same 5G Internet on both machines, both showing 42 MPS on the speed test. Both machines are running the latest update of Win 10

Both brave and edge are the worst. Chrome is a little bit better. I have turned the shields off on brave. That makes no difference.

The desktop is running Kaspersky. I have turned it off and that makes no difference.

I have closed all programs except brave, and that makes no difference.

What is different about news websites videos and YouTube videos?

With out more specific details there's no way to tell you what's different. Websites are not locked into any one format, technology, location of, or countless other factors for poor video performance.

The fact that the desktop is 10 years old and many browser will attempt to use hardware acceleration could contribute to the performance issues you're experiencing.

youtube have own server and cloud and it's most powerful video sharing platform beside others website don't have powerful cloud , bandwidth and many more things.

Back