Windows 7 No audio with m2ts files in WMP

radovitch

Hi,
I have an m2ts movie file and no problem with the video in WMP but there is no sound. I know the beta version of 7 natively supports m2ts and I assume this includes the 64bit version.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

as far as I know m2ts is a VIDEO type. you still need a proper audio codec ;-)

edit: or just simply get a decent video playback program like VLC Media Player

Believe it or not, VLC won't play the audio of m2ts either. And the video is a bit jerky though this is the first problem I've ever encountered with that fantastic program. Media Player Classic plays it fine, although, and this might be a purely subjective opinion, the video resolution seems better with WMP. I've looked into the converters and as they don't seem to involve any loss in Blue Ray quality. I could go that way. Thef thing is though, call me stubborn, but, if WMP 11 does in fact support raw m2ts than why don't I get the audio, or do I need to download a codec? It faultlessly plays all other file types I've thrown at it. Thanks

but if WMP and vlc don't play the audio: what makes you believe that there is working audio in that file? seems to me like simply your file is broken or it wasn't supposed to have audio at all (though I guess you wouldn't post here if it wasn't supposed to have audio :D).
vlc let's you view information about the codecs of a file, what does it say about the audio stream? does it say there is one and if so what codec?

but if WMP and vlc don't play the audio: what makes you believe that there is working audio in that file?

I guess I wasn't too clear in my last post. When I said that Media Player Classic plays the file just fine I meant that it also plays the audio. The codec section of VLC only lists the video codecs. Media Player Classic, unfortunately, does not list codecs.

Have you tried using the application G-Spot? Unfortunate choice of name (!!), although it gives you the codecs of both the Audio and Video. Helps me out on numerous occasions (again, !!).;)

Last edited:
Thanks, Brian.
Sorry I didn't get back to your sooner. Tried your codec pack and it does work. I never thought of using a codec pack because I kept on thinking that WMP in Windows 7 should have been able to do it on it's own.

You don't need a codec pack as the .mts extension is supported natively in Windows 7. Just open WLMP player and choose Open File, then click the drop-down box to show all the various file extension supported by WMP.

Could the reason you're getting no audio due to the fact you're trying to use SPDIF output?

You don't need a codec pack as the .mts extension is supported natively in Windows 7. Just open WLMP player and choose Open File, then click the drop-down box to show all the various file extension supported by WMP.

Could the reason you're getting no audio due to the fact you're trying to use SPDIF output?
but like I said, mts is only a VIDEO type, it is completly unrelated to the audio.

That is the point,and if it still doen not work, try to this link:An Excellent and Powerful MTS Converter

Notice to All Members:

This thread is about finding a free solution to the original poster's problem. Since the original post was created, nearly ten spammers have engaged in attempts to publish links to their software websites. This violates our Terms of Service agreement. Please do not post to this thread unless you have a valid, constructive discussion to add to these messages. This thread was briefly closed due to the level of spamming, but has now re-opened, as we would rather know who you are right away so that we can take care of the problem and report it to anti-spam services.

However, if you have a legitimate discussion to add, please, by all means, do so (WITHOUT SPAM!)

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom