Windows 7 No internet access even if i'm connected

Frayzar

Hey i have a problem with my internet. Not sure if its my laptop or my internet. But when i turn on my laptop the internet works for a couple min. or hours or so then after that there will be a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark in the middle. Not sure why that happens. But if you guys have ideas that i can try out then that would be great! I tried /release & /renew but that didn't do anything. Also disabled and enabled the network adapter but that didn't work either. I am using a Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi adapter.(If that helps with anything) I am using a windows 7 hp laptop. If you guys have anyway to fix this then please tell me! Its been like that after 5 weeks i got my laptop.

Just joined the site. Sorry if this topic seems out of random to you guys d:

The yellow triangle usually means you don't have internet connectivity. What are you using for a Router or modem on your system? Have you tried resetting them?

Have you run the troubleshooter from the Network and Sharing center?

I am using a motorola SBG6580. I tried resetting it but didn't do a thing. I did the troubleshooter and it said that a network cable was broken or something, or something was unplugged but every cable is where it should be. Every other devices works in my house besides my laptop.

The yellow triangle usually means you don't have internet connectivity. What are you using for a Router or modem on your system? Have you tried resetting them?

Have you run the troubleshooter from the Network and Sharing center?
I am using a motorola SBG6580. I tried resetting it but didn't do a thing. I did the troubleshooter and it said that a network cable was broken or something, or something was unplugged but every cable is where it should be. Every other devices works in my house besides my laptop.

For now, how about attaching your ipconfig settings so we can check it. Make sure there is no personal info in the text file and then attach using the paperclip on the advanced replies.

Open a Command Prompt window and type or cut and paste the following:

ipconfig /all >%userprofile%\Desktop\ipconfig.txt

Maybe we can see something that shows where the problem is. If you do this when it is working and when it isn't perhaps any changes will show up.

Until then, have you tried setting manual IP addresses for your network? You are in the same workgroup?

I see a couple of things that look a little odd to me.

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, November 23, 2012 11:11:36 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, November 23, 2012 12:41:37 PM
If I am reading the correctly, you have to renew your lease every 1.5 hours? Is that about the time the system drops off? This type of entry is normally set in your DHCP server, so you might want to adjust it.

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
Since some systems are set up differently, the .254 for your DNS server may be correct, but I am used to seeing either the Default gateway address, or some address given to you by the ISP. I suppose you put the Google server in the list?

I don't see any IPv6 addresses, so I assume you have that turned off?

I see a couple of things that look a little odd to me.

If I am reading the correctly, you have to renew your lease every 1.5 hours? Is that about the time the system drops off? This type of entry is normally set in your DHCP server, so you might want to adjust it.

Since some systems are set up differently, the .254 for your DNS server may be correct, but I am used to seeing either the Default gateway address, or some address given to you by the ISP. I suppose you put the Google server in the list?

I don't see any IPv6 addresses, so I assume you have that turned off?
View attachment ipconfig3.txt Whoops! Sorry, I did disable iPv6 off and did put the google ip. I was following a tutorial and checked if it worked, but it didn't. So now here the updated one with everything there before I followed the tutorial.

Well, every thing looks OK, except for the Lease time. I have heard the system will start trying to renew a lease at about 50% of the actual lease time. Did you find anything on the Modem that gives you an option for a lease time? Mine currently shows 24 hours.

Your lease times aren't even consistent. This one shows 1 hour 3 minutes. The first one showed 1 hour 30 minutes. If you can't find a setting, you may want to call your ISP and see if they are controlling the lease times.

You don't have to re-enable IPv6 if you don't want, I was just asking.

You could also disable the Wireless adapter and enable the Ethernet and see what it shows and if it works any better.

Well, every thing looks OK, except for the Lease time. I have heard the system will start trying to renew a lease at about 50% of the actual lease time. Did you find anything on the Modem that gives you an option for a lease time? Mine currently shows 24 hours.

Your lease times aren't even consistent. This one shows 1 hour 3 minutes. The first one showed 1 hour 30 minutes. If you can't find a setting, you may want to call your ISP and see if they are controlling the lease times.

You don't have to re-enable IPv6 if you don't want, I was just asking.

You could also disable the Wireless adapter and enable the Ethernet and see what it shows and if it works any better.
part 1.pngpart 2.pngI found some stuff about lease that might be useful. Don't know how these work. Maybe something wrong with these? Or something i can fix?

I am not completely sure about the lease time number either. But it might be in seconds. Maybe try doubling the number to see what changes. Your manual should give the details.

If the device is a Gateway type device, they normally have two sections. One for the WAN, or outside and one for the LAN, or inside where you are.

I will see if I can find a manual for your modem...

I am not completely sure about the lease time number either. But it might be in seconds. Maybe try doubling the number to see what changes. Your manual should give the details.

If the device is a Gateway type device, they normally have two sections. One for the WAN, or outside and one for the LAN, or inside where you are.

I will see if I can find a manual for your modem...
Don't know much about wan or lan but I did what you said and doubled the lease time. Ill wait and see what heppens.

On my Linksys router, it says client lease time set to 0 means one day.

Don't know much about wan or lan but I did what you said and doubled the lease time. Ill wait and see what heppens.

I tried putting it on zero but it says:

[h=1]Error converting one or more entries:[/h] DHCP least time must be between 30 and 2147483647

Back