Windows 7 No sound-Microsoft High Definition Audio Device on 7 not work

ITech2297

Hi! I'm new here hope you all can help me with this problem..

I know there is so many threads that discuss about HD Audio device but this time its slightly different from all....

I've just installed win 7 Ultimate 32-bit on Old Toshiba L100 (I knew its impossible but I've done many things to install win 7 on this poor laptop) about 3 weeks ago...

But there is no sound! There is small red x on my audio controller...I've try to update on device manager but its turn to code 10(Cannot start device)

I find out my audio sound card is distributed by Microsoft...So,Ive searching for Microsoft High Definition Audio Drivers but its turn nothing...

I've search for MHD audio device setup on this laptop but there also nothing...

I really thanked if anyone can help me with this as I don't want to waste money and times to buy and change a new sound card and device...

Anyway, sorry for my bad english....

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Is this the correct Toshiba Satellite Pro L100 ?

Toshiba 2.JPG

I'm wondering if you can take some other "L Series Driver" for Windows 7. That would have to be evaluated.

Last edited:
To kemikal: :)Thankss..I've try it but it just remove the small red x but still no sound:frown:

Before running the driver set-up, right click on it and choose properties. Then look for 'compatibility' and change it to xp. I know of other users having some success with this method..

Before running the driver set-up, right click on it and choose properties. Then look for 'compatibility' and change it to xp. I know of other users having some success with this method..

i've try it but it say "Driver installation failed-could not find the device for the driver"

If the driver is the correct one for the actual hardware, this will work.

Extract the download to any folder. Open device manager. Right click on the sound that's missing the driver. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on the .inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok, hit next and it will then install.

-----

If it doesn't work out - In device manager, right click the audio. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results to a new post. I'll make a driver for you.

Last edited:

Now I used conexant high definition audio device but there still no sound althought I use this method

If the driver is the correct one for the actual hardware, this will work.

Extract the download to any folder. Open device manager. Right click on the sound that's missing the driver. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on the .inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok, hit next and it will then install.

-----

If it doesn't work out - In device manager, right click the audio. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results to a new post. I'll make a driver for you.

Really?

Ok...this is the Hardware ids: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31

and thanks

Last edited:
Hey. I could probably make a driver for that but it isn't going to help. That seems to be the device for the audio for the software Conexant modem, meaning it is not for the system-wide audio.

Do you have any other entries in the device manager needing a driver? Perhaps post a screenshot of the device manager which may be helpful.

Here's a reference in case you're interested (need I.E. to be used for the link, only):

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=VEN_14F1%26DEV_5047

---

Edit: Actually, maybe I'm wrong...making a driver now to try.

Last edited:
Download my attachment. Extract it to a folder.

Open device manager. Right click on the line needing the driver. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on CPL30A5a.inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok. Hit next and it will install.

Enjoy... :)

Attachments

• ITech2297ConexantHDAudioDriver.rar
    656.1 KB · Views: 1,356
You know the Toshiba L100 PSLAOL had problems with "Vista Drivers" way back when. (He might have a failing speaker) Scan for malware, a bug likes to attach to the audio in some of these Toshiba models.

Download my attachment. Extract it to a folder.

Open device manager. Right click on the line needing the driver. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on CPL30A5a.inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok. Hit next and it will install.

Enjoy... :)

Thanks a lot for your help and it works but still no sound when I'm playing music ..only mic works but speaker doesn't

You're welcome.

Right click the system tray speaker near the clock. Chose playback devices. Make sure the Conexant one is set as the default device.

You're welcome.

Right click the system tray speaker near the clock. Chose playback devices. Make sure the Conexant one is set as the default device.

Not works....I've set conexant as default device but still not works humm...it seems I need to collect some money to buy a new sound device(Can anyone help?)

Does Windows ever make any sounds? If so, the problem could be with your player. Many players such as Winamp allow you to choose which output device it plays to. Try looking in you media player, whichever one you're using, for output settings. Set it specifically to the Conexant one.

Back