Windows 7 "no speakers or headphones plugged in"

varo

i am getting no audio, i have a error that is saying no speakers or headphones plugged in. my connection has not changed and my audio plug is secure. i have a hp media center m7350n connected to a samsung lcd with a microsoft high definition audio card (built in to the motherboard i'm assuming).

i have tried updating the drivers with no luck and the troubleshooting is finding me nothing.

any suggestions?

I'm getting the same error

Mobo : intel dp45sg with on board HD sound

and the driver for sound does not recognize the hardware

Could you go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, expand the components section and click on sound device.

This should provide more information about the card.

Post back with that info.

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1000\5&5C2B0D7&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 342.00 KB (350,208 bytes), 7/13/2009 8:07 PM)

And running win 7 ultimate x64

I had this same issue and I got this issue resolved. This link below will update your High Definition Audio Device ( also known as RealTek which I didn't know ) and when you install it your computer will reboot. When it does your sound will magically appear...

Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you go to this link and download the Vista, Windows7 Driver (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)

i am getting no audio, i have a error that is saying no speakers or headphones plugged in. my connection has not changed and my audio plug is secure. i have a hp media center m7350n connected to a samsung lcd with a microsoft high definition audio card (built in to the motherboard i'm assuming).

i have tried updating the drivers with no luck and the troubleshooting is finding me nothing.

any suggestions?

Varo,

Goto RealTek Realtek

High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)

I had the same.. and fixed. It might fix your problem.

Back