Windows 7 no wireless internet windows 7

corex

I have a desktop (windows 7) connected to the internet wired. I also have a laptop (also windows 7 ) connected to the desktop through wireless homegroup. Homegroup location is set to home. File transfer in homegroup works fine. I also have ICS enabled on the desktop, on the lan connection which is connected to the internet. If I click on 'Settings' on the "Sharing tab of the ICS, non of the services are enabled. The problem is I cannot access the internet from the laptop. Should I enable any of those services in order for my internet connection to work on the laptop ? If I try to ping Yahoo! from the laptop I get :
C:\> ping Yahoo!

Pinging eu-fp.wa1.b.yahoo.com [87.248.122.122] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 87.248.122.122:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I can ping the desktop from the laptop. I can also ping the laptop from the desktop.
Both get ip adresses like : 192.168.137.1 (the desktop) and 192.168.137.x ( the laptop ).
The ip of the laptop changes the final 'x' at the reconnect.
So as I figured , dns seems ok, from the ping above. I guess icmp request is not redirected by the laptop, or by the desktop ???
Does anyone know how I should repair the internet connection on the laptop ? I obviously tried the network troubleshooter with no results. I need this to work as soon as possible. Thank you.

The Windows 7 Help and Support section seems to have quite a bit on internet connection sharing. Have you been through that and did you encounter any problems.

I do not know that much about it, but if you describe your steps so far, maybe I can work with it.

Back
Top Bottom