Windows 7 ntkrnlmp.exe and tcpip.sys Bsods Help? windows 7

bizzarefoods

BsoD Minidumps atch. W7 tcpip.sys maybe? help

Hello I'm attaching the dumps from my girlfriends computer. Its a lenovo Thinkpad (not sure model)... has an i5 though. I didn't look at it that much. I grabbed these and said i would look at them.

i see that this comes up in the first tcpip.sys ( tcpip!Ipv6pRouterSolicitationTimeout+41

the 2nd seems to be ntkrnlmp.exe

i haven't looked at the others will after posting this.

I will note that she has windows updates including sp1 (windows 7 btw..) to do. there might be a network update... heard that might help
View attachment lauren crash.zip
Any help would be great! Thank you !

BsoD Minidumps atch. W7 tcpip.sys maybe? help

Hello I'm attaching the dumps from my girlfriends computer. Its a lenovo Thinkpad (not sure model)... has an i5 though. I didn't look at it that much. I grabbed these and said i would look at them.

i see that this comes up in the first tcpip.sys ( tcpip!Ipv6pRouterSolicitationTimeout+41

the 2nd seems to be ntkrnlmp.exe

i haven't looked at the others will after posting this.

I will note that she has windows updates including sp1 (windows 7 btw..) to do. there might be a network update... heard that might help
View attachment 15884
Any help would be great! Thank you !

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these three tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

2-Driver verifier

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable - Windows 7 Forums

3-System file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

Since I am not the expert here, I will just make a couple of comments.

Her dump files seem to point at different things, but they all seem to be related to the network. Is she running a Homegroup or doing any media streaming? Anything network related noticed around the time of the crashes?

Has she checked for an updated driver for the network adapter? If she has a router, are there any firmware updates for it?

She might try disabling the network adapter to test. She might also try turning off IPv6 to test (it is used with homegroups).

Are there any persistent errors or warnings in the Event Viewer?

Back