Windows 10 Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

W7towindows8

Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine.
When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there
any more for Microsoft Edge?

Screenshot: : ImageBam

Click into the edge settings - Settings - Passwords and autofill. Save passwords 0n

Click into the edge settings - Settings - Passwords and autofill. Save passwords 0n

It's already On, plz see screnshot, what I don't understand is where did the Option to "Offer To Save Password " gone?
I I'm having the latest version on Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Screenshot:

Are you up to date?

If you followed my path, this is what you should be looking at.

Yeah, I checked my version of Microsoft edge is version : Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Latest Version:
Edge on Windows 1044.17763.1.0

Not sure why it doid NOT update my Microsoft Edge , wnen Windows Does an Update, and I 've the
Latest Windows Updates

Screenshot: I

Now, where I can Download the Latest copy of Microsoft Edge to Upgrade version?

Last edited:
It comes automatically with the cumulative updates. Go into settings - Updates and "Check for updates"

It comes automatically with the cumulative updates. Go into settings - Updates and "Check for updates"
Look at my Screenshot from my previous Reply.I've have all the latest Windows Updates, shy from Re-installing Windows 10
again, since Microsoft Edge is part of the OS, how can one upgrade, without RE-installing Windows??

The setting "Save Passwords" is the setting "Offer To Safe Passwords" Microsoft just changed the wording.

But it still does not address the problem, why Windows 10 DOES it's Updates,it did not Update my
Microoft Edge,
The ONLY reason, I came up with, is I do not have the M. Edge as my Default Browser, and I have
the registry alter to turn off the Windows defender permanently.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Press Windows key + r then type winver

My guess is your on 1803. Edge 44.17763.1.0 is only available on Windows 10 1809

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Press Windows key + r then type winver

My guess is your on 1803. Edge 44.17763.1.0 is only available on Windows 10 1809

Doesn't Microsoft site offers only one version of Windows 10, and depending on the user,one gets either the Home version , Pro version or the Enterprise version as long as the Product key is Legit?

It's already On, plz see screnshot, what I don't understand is where did the Option to "Offer To Save Password " gone?
I I'm having the latest version on Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Screenshot:

latest version:

Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.17763

Correct. But you need to update your build to 1809

Guess there is No workaround in getting the newer version of Windows 10 1809, except to RE-nstall my Windows 10 Pro
again. This just tells you , how long my last installation of Windows 10 Pro, so just get a copy from Microsoft and it will be the newest version of Windows 10? - Thanks for the help & suggestion.

You don't need to reinstall. Microsoft opened the 1809 build to "advanced users" if you go into Windows updates and do a "check for updates" it will kick off an upgrade to 1809 now.

You don't need to reinstall. Microsoft opened the 1809 build to "advanced users" if you go into Windows updates and do a "check for updates" it will kick off an upgrade to 1809 now.

Thanks !! Success - Able to Upgrade to V 1089, without any loss of Data.

Last edited:
See my post #6
Do you now have the option to save passwords?

Yes - Thanks for asking, the New version of M. Edge does change a lot with the new & "Improved" version
like it has 2 Plane window, with the Advanced feature on one plane window. Even tested it, after putting in
the Login info for a site that I frequent,and Clicking "Remember me', when I signed it,
M. Edge, "offers To Save" the password.

Last edited:
The ONLY thing, I noticed is that,when I clicked on the site that, I saved the Login info, it DOES nOt Autofill the fields in the
Login ?..when I went to checked the "Manage Passwords", the info, is Saved?

Back