Windows 10 OneDrive under Appdata/Local/Microsoft takes up 200gb

RegisNovem

So, I've been having issues with my main harddrive (A 250gb Samsung 750 Evo SSD) constantly becoming full, mainly as a result of downloads and whatnot after having not much space left. So i decided to do a thorough search for the main problem, and strangely enough, it seems to be the Onedrive folder, located under C:/Users/[my name]/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Onedrive. It takes up just about 200gb, which is unusual, considering the Install in the Settings says it takes up 101mb. I've uploaded only 2.41gb of stuff to Onedrive yet this folder takes up 200? If i uninstall Onedrive, is it safe to remove this entire folder or not? Because 200gb for a 100mb app does not seem healthy. I would much rather use Dropbox or something, though i haven't checked if that has any similar effect.

I would just look through the directory if it doesn't look like your data files you should be fine to empty the directory. I don't really use onedrive, so someone else may have a better answer.

Okay, now this is flat-out strange. The folder adds up to more than my SSD can even have on it (It loses like, 35-40gb due to the BIOs and Windows itself leaving only 215 available) But even not considering that, it now seems to take up 265gb or so on the hard drive, more than the drive is even physically capable of as a whole. But after inspecting the folders inside, none of them take up even a gigabyte of space. What the shit?

Wait, after re-inspecting it, Logs seems to take up all of that space. I'm gonna check out what's in it.

Holy crap, after taking a look under Logs/Personal there's gotta be near to thousands of items in there. What importance do these logs have and can i remove them?

Back
Top Bottom