Windows 7 ongoing connection issue

wil

okay well i need some help and here is my issue. i bought an asus pci wireless card few months ago and installed it into my computer, no problem. soon after installation it starts to mess up. after hours of troubleshooting i return it to the store and get another one. this one works perfectly. weeks and months go by no issues at all but then all of a sudden my connection cuts out. for no reason my computer losses connection with my router, which is in the other room. the router is all good, any other wireless device works perfectly, its just my computer thats got the issue. when i do search for the wireless device it sometime takes minutes and when i do find it, it wont connect first try. ive tried reconnecting and reconnecting and most times that works, after many failed attempts, but this isnt the best solution because its just frustrating. ive put off buying a new card for awhile because most the times this issue will come and go and i keep thinking it will fix itself, but rats to that. so thats why im here asking for help. all advice is welcome.

wireless card model: ASUS PCI-G31

let me know if you want me to post any computer specs or anything that will help and ill be glad to.

thanks. Will

just an update on the issue. i am on my computer now the wireless is working fine at the moment but it just goes to show how random this issue is. last two days when i turn on the pc it wouldnt be connected and today it connected automatically which is the normal thing for it to do. know hopefully it stays this way and it doesnt happen again. though this problem has happened to me a few times before and ive only just know gotten sick of it happening to me and done something about it. but none the less i would love some advice in to why this may be happening and what to do and if buying a new card is the best way to go. also just a little more detail on the issue. when it was playing up the last two days, i would turn my pc on to find the wireless not connected and no device found. i would search over and over until it found it and then it took many failed attempts to connect and even when i connected it would drop out randomly over different periods of time.

thanks. Will

Back