Windows 10 Outlook changed my email address

Emeline9

I had a long-standing email address in HOTMAIL.com which I had not been using for NEW mail for a long time.... however it was still used for member ID on Microsoft and Facebook, Microsoft X box Live games & a couple of other websites so I kept it. Last week I just happened to open 'Outlook' and saw that my Hotmail address had 2 letters that 'suddenly' were in CAPS (I have no idea when or how it happened that I had not noticed). I SIMPLY was changing the caps back to lower case and when I clicked to enter it the address was CHANGED to OUTLOOK.COM. This then escalated into a 2-hour session with online SUPPORT since my Hotmail address went UNRECOGNIZED for signing in to sites. Microsoft suggested adding it back as an ALIAS within Outlook but I continued to get the message that it was part of a domain and could not be used????
In the X Box Live I get the error that I cannot sign in and refers me to code #1170000 in the FAQ but that can't be found anywhere. Now it seems my account in Microsoft is NEW since it only recognizes the OUTLOOK address to open it. SORRY for the long-winded remarks.. BOTTOM LINE IS... Can I RECOVER the old Hotmail address and recover the original Microsoft account that it was used on? I detest Outlook and have always used only Gmail...I want out. I feel brain-dead having tried so many suggested things and nothing works.....

The outlook client can't modify email account settings. Microsoft owns both hotmail.com and outlook.com and has stated they will eventally migrate all hotmail addresses to outlook, so that may have happened. There was an option to convert back to the hotmail address if you login to outlook.com. I don't know if that is still an option.

The outlook client can't modify email account settings. Microsoft owns both hotmail.com and outlook.com and has stated they will eventally migrate all hotmail addresses to outlook, so that may have happened. There was an option to convert back to the hotmail address if you login to outlook.com. I don't know if that is still an option.
They don't let you edit, alter or change the primary address and ALSO will not allow me to make that Hotmail address an ALIAS. I see now they still show the Hotmail but that doesn't help since this Outlook address has changed my being able to sign in to X Box Live and changed my MS account to IT.

You'll probably need to call Microsoft to get those accounts squared away.
Can't even imagine how or why..... but I went to X Box Live website... it showed that I did have a certain app already installed and I just hit PLAY.... it HUNG on 'loading' so long that I just left the PC and an hour later came back to see that it did load with my original 'gamer tag' and stats as normal. The only thing I haven't checked yet is whether it will allow me to sign in from my icon and NOT just from the website.

AND it does.... I am wondering if Microsoft (from my request ticket) actually fixed it... otherwise, I just may have my very own personal poltergeist. Thanks for your assistance.

Back
Top Bottom