Windows 7 PC Boots only to Startup Repair...

bprrccllo

I've done a lot of googling and I have been unable to find a solution to my problem. At 8:00 AM yesterday, I had a power failure. My desktop was suspended in sleep mode while the outage occurred and successfully booted up once after the power failure. I noticed there was no sound so I tried rebooting the computer a second time and then my computer booted straight to start up repair. It was unable to fix any problems and continues to boot to start up repair with the same result over and over. I have not installed any new hardware and am running out of ideas.

Here is what I have tried so far with no luck:
bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd
booting into safe mode
booting to last known good configuration
unplugging all usb devices at sttartup
setting bios to default settings, changing boot orders
memtest
chkdsk /r

Here is the message startup repair provides:
Problemm Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7100.00
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7100.00
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21201254
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 21
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

I am running Windows 7 RC 7100 64 bit on a custom built pc (Intel e8400 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, Nvdia 8600 gt, asus Striker II mobo). I got the official release from microsoft. This is the first and only problem I have had with Windows 7 :(. I was planning on making my first backup this week as well so my timing couldn't have been worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I just ran the command sfc /scannow and it keeps giving me an error message along the lines of "A repair is already scheduled, please reboot". I have tried running the command off the built in system recovery console and the one from the windows 7 dvd and they both give this message. Is there a way to disable or stop this pending scan its talking about?

I also ran bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No which stopped startup repair from starting, but now I get an error message telling me "Windows failed to load because a critical system file is missing or corrupt" and it says the file is \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvstor64.sys. It just tells me to use the Windows DVD to repair and has me running in circles. I am really hoping there is some magical command I can run that will repair the corrupted files and let me back into windows :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom