Windows 7 PC Build BSOD Help!!!!!

Cody Goff

Ok, so I thought about it for awhile and decided I would build my own PC. I researched for a week and figured out which parts I wanted and got everything ordered. It all got here friday and I installed windows, updated drivers, and anit-virus. Everything was working fine until today.I just installed league of legends and was in the tutorial when my computer crashed. A blue screen came up with a memory_management error on it. I restarted a few time and got that message along with page_faule_in_nonpaged_area message on occasion. Ive checked all the BIOS settings and cant find a problem. I also cannot boot in any type of safe mode because it either freezes while loading the files or restarts. Here are my specs:
MB: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G HDMI USB 3.0 uATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD FX-8150 8 core
GPU: Gigabyte R9 270x
RAM: Corsair Vengence 4GB(1)
HD: WD caviar blue 500GB

Here are a few things you can try.
Check out there FAQ/Support section https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/22167780-Bug-Splat-Solutions
Check for updates for the software it self and compati

Also, when installing the memory, it's possible that there was an esd (electrostatic discharge). This can cause damage to memory. Microsoft has options on how to test memory http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer
Another way to test the memory is by downloading an application from here http://www.memtest.org/

Just thought of this, what is your PSU rated at; 500w etc. Make sure you are powering your GPU. Your GPU alone requires this. 500W(with two 6-pin external power connectors).

Im pretty sure its not the game or the software to the game. As for the esd, Im almost positive it didnt get any discharge because I was wearing an anti-static wrist strap when installing. I also cant do any of those tests or download software because it wont let me into any type of safe mode. Also, my PSU is 550w

Ok, please go into bios and verify the temps and make sure it's reading the memory correctly. I'm assuming you haven't over locked this unit.
Try unplugging power cord and reseating the memory and see if this helps.
You can also see if windows can perform its own repair to system.

Yes its reading the temps correctly. CPU is at 110 degrees F and MB is at 80 degrees F. Ive also unplugged the power several times and no luck. I tried to do the windows repair itself option and my computer just restarts and blue screens. :/ I think im going to send my RAM back

Ok, so I thought about it for awhile and decided I would build my own PC. I researched for a week and figured out which parts I wanted and got everything ordered. It all got here friday and I installed windows, updated drivers, and anit-virus. Everything was working fine until today.I just installed league of legends and was in the tutorial when my computer crashed. A blue screen came up with a memory_management error on it. I restarted a few time and got that message along with page_faule_in_nonpaged_area message on occasion. Ive checked all the BIOS settings and cant find a problem. I also cannot boot in any type of safe mode because it either freezes while loading the files or restarts. Here are my specs:
MB: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G HDMI USB 3.0 uATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD FX-8150 8 core
GPU: Gigabyte R9 270x
RAM: Corsair Vengence 4GB(1)
HD: WD caviar blue 500GB

Hi,
please read the thread found here and post the results. Even though it might say memory management it's usually a driver causing the issue so I need to see your dmp files in order to debug them.
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

To test for failing RAM anyway run this app:
http://www.memtest.org/

Sometimes HD's can throw up all sort of issues. Right click on the Computer icon, click properties, Tools and then error checking. It might say it doesn't need to run but run it anyway. Also tick all boxes to repair sectors etc.

Well, I cant run any type of program. I have not found a way to even get into the OS. I get a BSOD everytime I try to login or whenever I try to go into safe mode my system restarts. I have windows on a flash drive and I was going to reinstall windows but it keeps freezing on the windows is loading files screen.

I tried but it didnt work, I used WintoFlash to put windows on a usb because my computer doesnt have an optical drive. My BIOS wouldnt pick it up in the boot priorities so I decided to reformat my usb and put a fresh copy of windows on it and try to reinstall windows.

Ok, so I used WInToFlash on my usb again to make sure it was a completely fresh install of windows. After the programmed finished the usb was ready to be bootable. I found it in my bios settings and it booted from the USB. After it finished loading windows files, it gave me a blue screen once again but no error code. Only stop codes 0x0000007e (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000D26B012, 0xFFFFF88003F0F758,0xFFFFF88003F0EFB0)

Now, after the first attempt I tried to boot from USB again and it gave me another screen with BAD_POOL_HEADER.

Hi,
even with that small amount of info it does help.

0x0000007e: This can either be a faulty driver, faulty hard drive or even full hard drive.

BAD_POOL_HEADER: Displayed on the computer screen when physical memory issues occur. For example, if a hard disk drive or RAM fails to perform certain tasks.

As you have recently just built the pc I'd go through all the connections/cables and check everything is seated properly.

So heres an update so far, I went to my uncles house today and tested a few parts. The RAM is not a problem, I took mine out and installed one of his and still got the blue screen. Then I formatted my hard drive on his computer, installed it back into mine and still no luck. I tried to use my USB to boot from to install a fresh copy of windows but it gets stuck on the starting windows screen.

Hi Cody,
thanks for info. When you used your uncles pc to put a fresh copy of the os on your drive at what point did your machine bsod after you restarted it?
Also when you tested your uncles RAM in your machine did you test both or all the RAM slots?
I'm thinking more and more this is a hardware issue but it's a case of finding out what..

Ok, so I took my computer to my cousins house because he is an engineer and thought he could help me, we checked the RAM and that was not an issue, and the hard drive was disabled in the boot process so we didnt think that was it. I ordered a new motherboard and got it in today. I plugged my USB in to the computer and changed the boot priorities in the BIOS and booted from USB. It got to the windows is starting screen and gave me a blue screen once again. BAD_POOL_HEADER, STOP: 0x00000019 (0x3, 0xFFFFF8000D40C8F0m 0xFFFFF8000D40C8F0m 0xFFFFFA8003D13510)

Are you sure the USB device is ok? Its difficult to advise without a dmp file to go from. You need to troubleshoot your devices. If possible you need to take the machine back to those that are helping you and test each piece of hardware.

Ok so I finally solved this problem. After fooling around with it for over a week and testing everything I could, I finally gave up and sent my RAM, HDD, and CPU back. The RAM and HDD is being replaced and shipped beck, the CPU however was tested. They found that it was faulty and overheated when they started the system. They are sending me a replacement. So for my problem, I had a malfunctioning CPU.

Hi Cody,
much thanks for updating your thread. Glad to hear you found a solution.

Back