Windows 10 PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

jakeb

ive never had this problem before can somebody please put my mind at rest to why this has occurred?
i have a fear of playing that game now lol

many thanks guy

What game and does it blue screen? If it blue screens upload any dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump

no blue screen literally just reseted and updated, whilst playing zeno clash 2 on steam, no warnings or signs, odd ass feck

Open the file explorer and go to C:\Windows\Minidump if theres anything in there upload it

how do i do that please ?
Look in the main Windows folder for 'Minidump' or use the app found in this thread (it still works for 10) and post the results.
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

no blue screen literally just reseted and updated, whilst playing zeno clash 2 on steam, no warnings or signs, odd ass feck
I must admit that i've noticed a game behaving oddly when playing a game and a update is available. It's not every update it happens but it has happened and always seems fine after applying the update

1513206948778.png

Hi Jakeb,
probably the easiest way for you to post the dump file in the forum is to use the application found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Make sure you right click the application to run as administrator and then post the resulting zip file in the forum.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffa98a44a638f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi Jakeb,
bugcheck 124 is usually associated with the processor and is normally seen in overclocking situations where overheating may be an issue so if your overclocking please stop. (I also notice from your dxdiag you have had this blue screen at least twice)

Saying all that though bugcheck 124 can be caused by a number of things ranging from hardware to software (drivers), I've even seen it caused by an out of date copy of chrome!

So just ensure your up to date driver wise as well as things like browsers or apps (is the game patched to the latest version for example).

Also it would be prudent to check on those temperatures when gaming. Using something like HWiNFO64 is handy as you can leave it running and you'll see figures for the highest and lowest temps achieved during that session:
HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools

Check for os corruption by running these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

I'll move your thread over to the blue screen section.

Edit:
Please post any new blue screens/dump files

im pretty lost at this kinda jargon my friend, is it a cause for concern,? i dont want my pc to die? also do you think i should follow the rules you said below in your post?

Last edited:
im pretty lost at this kinda jargon my friend, is it a cause for concern,? i dont want my pc to die?
I doubt very much your pc is about to die..

also do you think i should follow the rules you said below in your post?
It's entirely up to you. You could see how you go and if the issue returns the pop back and we will go over it slowly with you. (the only reason I'm suggesting this is because of the infrequency on the event)

Just a word to the wise, if you do decide to try and update your drivers please avoid using an application to find and install the drivers for you. They often get it wrong and can end up causing more harm than good.

thank you for all your help im now running the command prompt admins sfc /scannow, its going to take a long time i will screen shot the results mate.
and my drivers i use G force Experience because i have a gaming pc, buts its getting on abit in years

Back
Top Bottom