Windows 7 Photos are not displaying stright

jtpcamp

Extraordinary Member
Yesterday I had a strange thing happen. I have a Win 7 pro desktop computer using Outlook 2010 and I received an email from a cousin the had 3 photos imbedded in the body of the email. Two of the photos were upside down and one was sideways. These were not attached files. Other people who received the same email said for them the photos displayed correctly. I have then tried my laptop and pictures not correct. and also opened them on my ISP's web mail and not correct there either. This has never happened to me before.

What do you suppose is causing this problem? I don't have any idea as to why they don't display correctly for me but no one else.

Thanks for any idea's.

Check your Windows updates. Also check if you have anything new installed, especially photo / image related. Like Fisher says, it could be almost anything.

Most probably a glitch, fixed in a day or two - not neglecting your worry.

Thank you both for the answers. But, On two different computers and on my ISP web mail site? 3 different sources showing the same error? Doesn't sound likely to me. I have no problem viewing photos any where else. I even saved the 3 photos and opened the saved files with Windows Photo Viewer, rotated them straight and re saved them and they now are OK. Just in the email were they not correct. All photos saved on my computer display like normal.

Also, I just did a test. I embedded the same 3 photos in the body of a new email and sent it to myself and when I opened the mail the photo's were normal.

This is very puzzling and I would just like to 'know' how it happened, what happened.

Not painting it black, but having had personal difficulties as well as more official ones, two interruptions of my personal Internet, where I lost my whole Windows, I would make the careful suggestion that you check if someone is haunting you. To quote Fisher once again, "As to what caused this...who knows, but it could be almost anything."

It could be a baddie who didn't like your comment somewhere? These things DO happen. All I can say right now is, the easiest would be to create new e-mails, only give them to your dear and friends whom you can trust, and retry the pics sending. And do it anonymously, please, no links anywhere.

Quite confusing. My heart goes out to you.

Last edited:
Back