Windows 7 Poor video performance

defy

I am running the RC and have recently started having problems with video rendering being very poor, either very jittery or a very low fps or the video just stops rendering but keeps playing then it comes back and plays about 10 seconds fine then it does it again. I have the latest video drivers and it does it on every player I have, VLC, WMP and I also tried WMP Classic. I installed a codec pack just in case but it didn't make any difference, I am using a sound card other than the built in one on the motherboard because I didn't like the software for it, didn't think that would affect it though? it worked fine on it for a while. Also, I run XP on dual boot and video is fine on that.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16ghz
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
nVidia GTX260

Hello and welcome.

Did Windows Update locate a driver for you?

Is this an older computer?

I would suggest you vista GeForce/ION Driver Release 186 for the 32-bit driver.

If you're using the 64-bit edition...GeForce/ION Driver Release 186

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am already running the latest version of video drivers, computers only about a month old.

1. Everything under there looked sweet.
2. no yellow flags
3. I built it
4. Done!

just stick with windows vista or xp as windows 7 has a very bad picture and video quality.
u can set a wallpaper on vista and same on win7 then compare both, vista is definitely much better than win7.
for videos and images vista is a good choice but not for gaming, for gaming win7 is the best but even games graphics looks bad in win7.
SO FINALLY WINDOWS 7 SUCKSSSSSSSSSS.

Back