Windows 7 Power state failure BSOD - when i close lid of laptop

Hi
Thanks for quick help.. Will look into all these things next week.. in another few hours ,I am leaving for a week long vacation... will be back on 29th.. So wishing you a very happy new year and Merry Christmas in advance :)

Hi..
Attaching the screenshot as you requested: There are many network devices... i do not know what are they and why are they there..
BAPIDRV - seems to be something to do with antivirus software, i had avg and possibly the system had a trial version of Norton as well .. i uninstalled all of them... may be case of improper uninstall..
I will take a look at these things once i am back from vacation.. If you think i should disable any of these devices then do let me know.. any pointer to how to remove them permenantly is a great help too..

Thanks a million for all the help..

Attachments

• NWDevices.PNG
    NWDevices.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 341
I was hoping kemical might have looked at your BSOD file. But I see a file named BAPIDRV which I don't recognize offhand from a company called 360.CN. Do you know what that is or where it is used?

If you can upload a crash dump C:\Windows\Minidump we can tell you which driver is causing the issue.

Ah it all comes back.... This user already has a thread open. I'll move this to the same thread.

So did you ever actually try the hotfix i found for you or did you just open a new thread?

It really does help us, the volunteers, if you can refrain from opening multiple threads as this only adds to confusion.

Hello kemical
I am sorry about the confusion. I was facing another issue where windows was hanging while startup, and i had opened a new thread under appropriate section.. but some I ended up mixing issues. I am really sorry about that.
I have not tried the hot fix, because, I had disable wifi virtualizer driver on my system.. and had not faced the BSOD issue for a quite a few days.. so was under impression that the might actually have been fixed.
number of BSODs has decreased now, and i am just living with the issue, as I have been travelling quite a bit of late..

Hi Vishwanath,
well, if your running relatively stable then you may as well leave the hotfix as a last resort. Once you've completed your traveling and find yourself with some spare time or if the bsod's should start again pop back. Let's see if we can sort out your issue once and for all. :)

Hi all
Here is an observation: I started driver verifier and chose only athrx.sys as that is the one causing BSODs in my case.. It is almost 3 days now, I have not go any BSODs.. before this I was getting BSODs, atleast once a day when i tried putting system to sleep..
Any idea, what the verifier might be doing to the driver that is preventing BSOD due to power state failures?

Back