Windows 7 Problem connecting to my router.

dragosstudio

I have Windows 7 64 bit and a D-link dir 300 router connected to internet through an pppoe.
When booting the PC there are 2 connection: "RDS" (my real connection), "unidentified network". I have to manually disable the LAN connection and enable it to connect to internet. When I do this it remains only one connection (the other one disappears) and I can connect to internet. Unfortunately I both the router after I have installed win 7 so I can’t tell you how the router behaves in win XP 64, but I have another computer connected to the router and he has win XP 32 installed and no problems there. I think it has something to do with NETWORK DISCOVERING FEATURE OF WIN 7.
If my rusty English didn’t explained perfectly the problem, I have uploaded a movie on YouTube.
Please help !!!
Ps. The router supports win 7 and has the latest firmware. Both desktops have wired connections and I have a laptop with win XP 32 with a wireless connection that disconnects very often (but that is another discussion).

Last edited by a moderator:
problem solved

After a lot of research on many forums I found out that there are 2 major fixes:

-stopped the "##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##" service .
and
-disable the IPv6.

Don't know which of this solved the problem because I made both of them and reboot. After reboot .....surprise...everything is working perfect.

Hope that this post helps someone !
Best regards !

Just reboot your router. It's a known problem. It will lock up about once a month. I know it worked perfectly under xp or whatever. You don't need to do anything to your computer.

Back
Top Bottom