Windows 7 Problem Driver fo Creative Sound blaster live 24

svenson

After I installed the update for Creative from Microsoft, my sound crackles from time to time. Mostly when I listen to music, watch movies, online TV and browse. I've tried almost every driver for Creative, even KX Project, but no luck. Also the microphone does not work. If somebody has the same problem or knows how to resolve this issue, please tell me. It's very annoying.

Sound Blaster Live 24

I also am having problems with the Sound Blaster Live 24, it's refusing to let it even install properly. It actually crashes when i run the install for it, and even when i a attempt to manually install it.

Had the same problem with an Audigy 4 card and 5.1 speakers. The solution for me was control panel>sounds>highlt. speakers and right clk.>set-up speakers. Worked for me but was fooled because I used to have seperate diagnose folder.

I've got a SB Live 24 on-board sound and am having the same problem. I've tried every driver I could find and have had no luck. it's very annoying especially when trying to listen to music, cutting in and out with harsh static.

I tried and have setup the speakers in the control panel, but it hasn't helped.

I'm tempted to throw in my Audigy 2 and see if I can get better sound.

I've got a SB Live 24 on-board sound and am having the same problem. I've tried every driver I could find and have had no luck. it's very annoying especially when trying to listen to music, cutting in and out with harsh static.

I tried and have setup the speakers in the control panel, but it hasn't helped.

I'm tempted to throw in my Audigy 2 and see if I can get better sound.

Yes same problem here, no solution as of yet????

DEAR ALL:

I have a fix for the above problems (at least I found info, I want to give credit to the person whom has posted it, but cannot find the original internet address anymore, on the internet and it works like a charm for me).

I have the Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card and am using the KX project drivers (http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/)

The only problem is that the KX mixer gives an error at startup of the PC (cannot initialize driver). You can disable the kx mixer startup with MSconfig. I am currently using driver version 3541

I hope it will be usefull for you guys as well.

Regards Paul

Last edited:
same problem here

:)i've tried to install a creative SB live 24 bits on windows 7 but a blue screen hit me . even when the driver for "multimedia audio controler" as identified by OS was downloaded from microsoft update . The sound card is working well under vista ultimate and now i'm forced to use the onboard C-Media adapter .
if there's a solution , i can't wait to find it , if not i'l wait for final version of windows to come out and see what's then .
peace .
i've tried the solution proposed by pcock and i don't know what to choose from the list with suported devices on manual install because on auto install process it says something like "couldn't find any device ...." . anyone does know ?
on Link Removed due to 404 Error site it says :
Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit and Audigy LS are incompatible with kX, since they do not use the 10kX chips.

Last edited:
I decided this problem
Look at this
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Sorry, but my blog in russian. Search word "DOWNLOAD DRIVERS" at page

Back