Windows 10 Problem with ISO file of windows 10

Baset Kh

I have an ISO file of windows 10.
can i install it directly from hard-disk, without mount it. I have no CD/DVD Drive on my Desktop.
I don't know how to do that or who can help me.

Please help.

Baset

Sure...you need to download Rufus and use that software to create a bootable USB drive. Once done the process is just like install from a disc.

I saw someone mention if you want to do an upgrade install, you can mount the file without needing a DVD.

I don't know what exactly you mean by mount, but right click the file and select mount. It will now be available as if you had it on a DVD in a drive.

Doing as bassfisher suggests is always a good idea if you wanted to keep the file and use for a clean install at some point.

Another way, Baset KH, is to create another partition on your existing HD. Make it at least 20gbs. Make a folder there called setup (for your convenience)
Expand the iso file into the new folder. You can then run setup.exe from there

I use my external, just for that purpose, so that I can revert back to previous builds when needed.

Thank a lot all of you for Helping me. You people are so friendly kind.

Thanks you so much.

I didn't even mount it last time to do an upgrade, as long as your within Windows already you can just extract the ISO with something like 7-zip and run Setup.exe

Back
Top Bottom