Windows 7 programs in start appear with ms word icons

MarcoKaiser

hello,

the problem occurred due adding a library. When clicking the start button, all icons appear as a ms word icon. All programs do the same. All programs open in word. I did a system restore without success. I am the only user of that computer.
I opening Firefox true going to standard programs and open it from there. I hope I do not have to reinstall W7? A screen shot is attached.

Thanks a lot for you help in advance.

Marco

Attachments

• start..jpg
    start..jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 548
Hmm... Try running the system file checker: Rightclick on cmd prompt and click 'run as administrator'. Then type:

sfc /scannow

Then press enter. The file checker will now cycle through hopefully fixing anything it finds amiss..

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Doing whats suggested on the above link should fix your problem.

@ Marco Kaiser,

Did you upgrade to 7 or did you clean install it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suggest you go to Control Panel > User Accounts > create another administrator account > log out of your current user account > log in to the new account. See if programs appear and start properly under the new account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also try Program Defaults > set Microsoft scheme

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sfc /scannow

It quite often helps.

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You need to have your 7 installation DVD in the drive.

:D Great job!!! Everything is fine. I added an user account and everything looks fine. Can I delete the other account easily or do I have to ask that somewhere else?

Very Happy best regards

Back