Windows 7 Random BSOD Please help

Montana

Hello, I am experiencing random BSOD sporadically, it can go for a few weeks and I seem to get several in a row upon reboot. In addition, there are sometimes several boots required where "Start up repair" attempts to fix the problem, but it always cannot "automatically repair" anything. After several more reboots, the comp will come up as normal.

These events seem to be spaced out several weeks at a time, with the computer operating normally and booting correctly before getting into another loop of this type. I apologize if this is a mixed issue, but the BSOD always seems to preface the reboot loop issue.

Thank you for your help and time, I have attached the minidump as well.

View attachment 120910-22276-01.zip

Hi and welcome.

Uninstall McAfee. Replace with MSE. Update your Razer driver from their site.

Hello again, I uninstalled Mcafee ( as well as using the complete removal tool) installed MSE and the latest driver for my mouse. It seemed ok after one restart, so I shut it down. This afternoon I got a series of BSOD when attempting to boot up, even to the point I could not get it to even boot into safe mode, and auto repair was unsuccessful, even system restore gave me an error :(. As a last ditch check I ended up opening up the comp and reset the power/SATA cables coming from the HD. On the next restart it booted successfully, but oddly started installing all of my input devices drivers again as "new hardware discovered". Does it just do this because of the disconnect/reconnect of the drive? I am attaching the mini dumps that occurred previouly, I hope they tell something.

I have previously ran all of the tools, including disk check, sfc etc, but it never found anything. Could the HD just be bad or failing? It is only a few months old.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it.
View attachment 121010-19078-01.zip

No, HDD is fine. You really should run this command though:

chkdsk /r C:

Do that for each drive letter on the system, changing C to match them with each run.

Make sure you use the /r switch as shown.

----------

Post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory and spd tabs. The RAM is likely set unwell in the bios or defective.

--------

Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 05:10:45 2010

RTL8111

----------

Visit motherboard site and update NEC USB 3.0 driver:

RTL8111

---------

Also, you really should uninstall all Razer software and use different hardware all together. That 2005 Razer driver is notorious.

Razerlow Razerlow.sys Mon Nov 07 01:33:11 2005

Last edited:
spd.jpgHey, here you go, thank you again.

ram.jpg

Thank you again, is this the driver I need for the realtek?
Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1432824)

Also, can you please repost the link for the motherboard one? I think I may have found the correct one on the EVGA site, but want to make sure.

Thank you again for all of your help.​

Yep, EVGA site is the one. I didn't intend to post any link for that - it was a mistake.

Realtek is good.

You didn't post the memory tab of CPU-Z, so you can do that.

You're welcome.

Halt. Stop Houston. We've found your problem.

The memory frequency is way overclocked. It needs to be set at 667 MHz, instead of how you have it now at 730 MHz.

Go in the bios and make necessary change. Save. Enjoy.

(3:8 ratio should do that, fairly sure.)

Hello, thank you for your patience. Here is my latest memory tab after choosing the "load defualts" setting:

ram3.jpg

Not good.

Timings have to 9-9-9-24 and the frequency has to be 667 MHz. Like I said, the FSB:RAM ratio probably needs to be 3:8 and not 2:8.

You have to set this up manually, save, boot to Windows and then run CPU-Z memory tab to check.

If not good, back to the drawing board and try again.

You're welcome.

Hi, here is my latest attempt. I cannot figure out how to get the ratio you listed though, I must being doing something wrong :(

ram4.jpg

Whew! Thank goodness! It looks like the processor is still at the same setting, which is bit overclocked still. Is that still ok or do I need to back it down to the original settings? I attached the CPU and Spd ones again to be sure.

spd3.jpgcpu3.jpg

Nah, that overclock is very small. Nothing to worry about and it will not cause issues.

How has the machine been since the RAM setting change above? Good, right?

Ok, thank you! It seems to be running just fine so far! I sure hope its sorted out, so frustrating to be sure. Once again, thank you for your patience and help, it is surely appreciated :)

Hello, me again :( It seemd fine last night but when attempting to start it again this eveneing, it was back tothe same old issues. I checked CPU Z and everything appears the same as it was last night. I also made sure to update the Realtek driver, although when I attempted to update the UBS drivers, it told me the best version was already installed.

Here are the last two minidumps for today. I am wonderinf if I should just hit the reset CMOS button to remove the overclock, at this point I am up for anything.

Thank you.

View attachment 121110-19718-01.zip

As I've told you already, the Razer driver is notorious and caused these crashes. Remove the hardware from the system and use anything else.

Enjoy.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [E:\Temp\Rar$DI00.819\121110-19718-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03607000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03844e50
Debug session time: Sat Dec 11 20:34:31.135 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:15.196
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880071fb929, fffff88009d1c2a0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Razerlow.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Razerlow.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Razerlow.sys
Probably caused by : Razerlow.sys ( Razerlow+2929 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Back
Top Bottom