Windows 10 Random BSOD while playing games and browsing the internet

Hi guys,

My pc has been experiencing BSOD since 3 weeks ago. At first, I thought it was because of my old hard drive since the disk drive would spike to 100% every 20 seconds. However, I bought a new SSD and it still didn't fix the problem. On a daily basis, my pc would crash about 20 times particularly when I'm playing video games and browsing the internet. I have attached the dump file below. I hope you guys can help me with this problem. Thank you and have a great day.

Here's my pc specs:
HD: Samsung SSD Evo 250gb
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Z170- AR
Memory: 8gb

Attachments

• W7F_26-06-2016.zip
    4 MB · Views: 505
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {61941, 1a2f82cb268, d, ffffd0002057fa00}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1e6d6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I went through all your dump files (pheeew that's a lot!). You have many different Bugchecks which can sometimes be indicative of a hardware issue. Bugchecks 1A, A, 1E, 9F, 3B, 23, 7F, 50, D1 and FC were all present and the errors could be divided into 3 main groups consisting of memory, Storage/File system HDD and graphics.
I doubt there is an issue with all three areas and checking your system Bios I see it's version 0901 (a beta bios). The latest version stands at version 1801 and includes many stability updates:
Z170-AR - Support
bios1.JPG

bios2.JPG

You only need to update to the latest version to get what's included in the previous releases. If your unsure about flashing the bios then you may want to get the local pc shop to do it for you?

Please update your system drivers using the versions found on the moBo support page:
Z170-AR - Support

However, if the bsod continues after the bios flash and driver updates then first create a Recovery disk/USB:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Run the driver verifier (this can cause a bsod bootloop, if it does use the recovery disk/usb to boot from, enter safe mode and turn verifier off)
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

If your running Samsung Magician software for your SSD please check on the SMART data and health of the drive

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Please post any new dump files.

Hi kemical,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to look at those dump files. I will follow everything that you said :) I will update you if something changes :D

Also, here are the new dump files. I got like 5 BSOD's this morning while I was playing CSGO

Attachments

• W7F_27-06-2016.zip
    4 MB · Views: 592
Bear in mind that Flashing your BIOS is extremely High Risk and can result in a bricked Mobo if you've never done it before. :eek: I would strongly urge against trying that for the first time. About 90% of my students in the computer repair courses I taught bricked Mobo's on their first attempt to update.:zoned: The cost of paying a Computer Pro to do a BIOS update at most computer shops in the U.S. runs about $35-$95; far less than the cost of a replacement Mobo+CPU chip. :encouragement:

Words for the wise.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Here is a much quicker way to do it and also more modern, that video above is somewhat dated. A few weeks ago I built two Skylake systems one with a 6700k/PC Mate and the other with your board and a 6600k. This video was exactly how I updated the bios. It works basically the same as MSI M-Flash, although, I used a small thumb drive and already had it formatted in FAT32 which is what you want with a thumb drive doing BIOS updates. I agree with the guys above do not do this the first time yourself if you're not totally comfortable with it because if you brick it you will be one pissed off Hombre'.

Thank you guys for the recommendations and I'm sorry for not getting back to you right away. I might end up doing it myself since I'm kind of busy atm. I'll let you guys know if something goes wrong, hopefully not though! haha

Thanks again and have a great day! :)

I have a quick question before I proceed to the process. So, when I was watching the video William B posted, I heard the guy said he also uses USB flash sticks. Does it mean that I can use any USB flash drive or is there a specific type of USB which are specifically used for flashing BIOS?

Does it mean that I can use any USB flash drive or is there a specific type of USB which are specifically used for flashing BIOS?
Not really.
As long as it's big enough to carry the files needed then you can use pretty much anything as long as it's recent. Size wise it's up to you, if you got at least an 8GB then you could use it for os installs too..

Last edited:
Oh ok sounds good kemical :) Also, my pc had a BSOD called "Invalid push lock flags" just 3 mins ago, which is unusual and I think this is the first time I've seen it :O

You could always post the dump file? I'm just going to grab a snack but will be back within the hour so I'll debug the dump then.. :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 152, {3d6, ffffc00078e888d2, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICEBYHANDLE::DXGDEVICEBYHANDLE+d2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
thanks for the dump files, the above means that for whatever reason internal data or 'Flags' were invalid (Typically, a program uses a flag to remember something or to leave a sign for another program.). This seems graphics related although I can see Chrome was running around the time of the crash. Just make sure your running with the latest version.

nvlddmkm.sys Fri Jun 03 04:11:28 2016: Even though this a recent version please remove using the DDU. The Display Driver Uninstaller not only removes the driver but anything else left behind by previous driver installs. It's used whilst in safe mode to make sure it cleans as thoroughly as possible.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Once removed reboot and install the latest Whql driver for your card.

Oh and of course please post any new dump files.

Just to add, I checked your driver dates and you still need to update your system drivers using the versions found on the moBo support page:
Z170-AR - Support

You need to update everything including audio, chipset, USB3, SATA (Intel storage/RAID driver) and as discussed the bios.

WNDA3100v3.sys Mon Dec 08 03:22:50 2014: See if you can update the driver:
WNDA3100v3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

If no longer used please remove.

Hi William B and kemical,

Sorry for the late reply and again thank you for all the suggestions. I'm planning to update my BIOS tonight, buy my question is, would it matter if I format my flash drive as NFTS instead of FAT32?

Hi @William B

I recently updated my BIOS and I followed all the steps in the video you uploaded on my BSOD thread. Everything went smoothly and it even said the process was successful. However, as soon as my pc restarted, it wouldn't boot up so I'm guessing I broke it. When I formatted my 8gb flash drive, I set it as NFTS instead of FAT32. Could it be the cause why it broke cuz I'm pretty sure I followed everything except that part :O

Back