Windows 10 Random BSOD while playing games and browsing the internet

Formatting the flash drive wouldn't have any impact on the system. If by chance you have the flash drive plugged in during boot and BIOS boot order has the flash drive higher up that the hard drive, it may not boot up. So just remove the flash drive and reboot. If the CPU was bad you wouldn't even see the BIOS screen.

Try removing the power cable and if this is a laptop the battery also. Wait like 30 seconds and plug the power back in and try to boot. If you still see nothing then you may have hosed the BIOS firmware.

Hi again @Neemobeer I did what you just said, however, it stilll wouldn't load the BIOS screen. My pc still turns on, but my monitor only says "no signal" if by any chance, I hosed the BIOS firmware, will I need to replace both my mobo and CPU?

I set it as NFTS instead of FAT32. Could it be the cause why it broke cuz I'm pretty sure I followed everything except that part :O
Damn it, sorry to hear this. This is the first line of the instructions I included:
ntfs.JPG

it wouldn't boot up so I'm guessing I broke it.

All may not be lost just yet so please do not panic. If you can boot into the bios then you should be ok so please expand on 'it wouldn't boot up'. Do you mean the machine is totally lifeless or that it boots but will not go into the os.

If you can format the USB in FAT32 and pop on the correct bios (perhaps a friend will help?) then it might be possible for you to reflash the moBo using the correct method.

Last edited:
Hi @kemical

Yeah it sucks :/ cuz the guy in the video William B posted said NFTS would be fine, so I got confused on that part and proceeded to follow what he did. Anyway, my pc still turns on, but nothing appears on the screen. It literally just says "no signal" on my monitor.

Yeah it sucks :/ cuz the guy in the video William B posted said NFTS would be fine
It depends on which method is used which I guess should have been made clearer. Can you try clearing the bios? If you check your manual there might be an actual 'clear CMOS' button on the motherboard itself but if not just remove the battery for a min.
Pop the battery back in and boot up. Try and go into the bios straight away to set everything up and as I said above try the solution outlined.
Post back with any results.

@kemical Again, thank you for the assistance :) I will try that as soon as I wake up tomorrow. It's 1 am in the morning where I live :/ and I will definitely post back right away :) I appreciate all your help.

Your very welcome and I look forward to your next post.. :) Sleep well. :)

Hi @kemical so I removed the battery pf mobo and luckily my pc got into BIOS screen, but it restarted on its own. The picture below shows what's on my screen at the moment. What do I do next?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
Hi,
hey that's great!. Yes I think 1801 is the latest.

Ok, first pop back into the bios and look for a setting called 'apply optimised defaults'. This will set the bios with the basic safe settings for your machine. Save config and reboot back into bios.
Once you've applied the optimised defaults you can then go through the bios setting the correct parameters for things like the date/time, Boot order, RAM speed (if it's above 1333mhz) and anything else like turning off splash screens (something I always do). Your CPU should be set up and their should be no need to change anything at this time.

Remember if your running an SSD make sure the storage controller is set to AHCI mode.

Once you've done that please post back.

Okay I'll leave it as it is for now then :) thank ypu very much for helping me all throughout the process of updating my BIOS :D My pc is still getting BSODs :eek: it has already crashed 4 times T.T shall I run driver verifier at this point?

My pc is still getting BSODs :eek: it has already crashed 4 times T.T shall I run driver verifier at this point?

Really? Damn! Please post the new dumps and I'll take a quick look.

shall I run driver verifier at this point?
Have you created a recovery disk/USB?

Please post the new dump files and then set about creating the recovery disk/USB if you still need to.

Hi @kemical I've been trying to get the new dump files, but my pc crashes everytime it gets to the desktop screen or when I open an app. Idk what's going on anymore :eek:

I don't suppose you have either a recovery disk or the windows 10 install disk? If you did you could try booting into the recovery section and then trying safe mode. Any chance you can get a disk created by a friend?

Back