Windows 8 Regular BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe

warri0r19

This is a carry on from this thread as I was told I should come here.

To put it simply, I started having regular BSODs since I installed my GTX 780, I was pretty confident that it was just a driver issue, and decided I would be sending it back as I didn't want the hassle (tried lots of things).
Today I got a BSOD with my hd 6790's, which is making me think maybe it wasn't a problem with my 780. All my BSODs relate to ntoskrnl.exe.

Attached the necessary files.
note: only the 010614-5734-01 dump file related to my current gpus. The other dump is from when I had my 780. If you goto the other thread I linked at the top there are other dump files available.

Please tell me if I need to add or edit something, thanks :)

Quick note:
I have a few hours (tops) to contact the seller of the 780 and cancel the return, if this problem isn't infact related to the nvidia card afterall, I would rather keep it.

Attachments

• W7F_08-01-2014.zip
    431.8 KB · Views: 714
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 273
  • cpu-z.zip
    234.7 KB · Views: 287
Hi Warri0r19,
I was just going thru your previous thread and saw your last post regarding PSU size. Sometimes even though the PSU may have enough wattage it doesn't have the ampage needed. You need to check what is carried on the 12v rails in term of amps. I'll await your answer before debugging.

Thanks for the speedy response, it's nice to see progress is already being made as I need to nail this asap. I've taken a picture of my psu, it should answer your question.
edit: it seems the site won't let me upload the picture, so here's a link to it, also, i'm flashing the bios now

Last edited:
Ok post it when your ready and did you manage to update the bios?

I'm sorting out the bios now. Incase you didn't see it, I put a link to the psu in my comment above.

Lol.. Thanks I did miss it.. The PSU looks fine as you have 25A on each Rail (meaning 50A overall) and the 780 requires this:

GeForce GTX 780 - 42A and a 600W PSU minimum

Did the bios update, didn't go quite as expected, in safe mode atm. When windows finishes loading up I get an insta-bsod right before it's able to get to the login screen. When the bsod appears it then goes away after about a second leaving me no time to read it. There's no dump files to read either. I don't really wanna focus on this too much, though, as I don't think it's related to my main issue.
- set my sata mode back to raid, still have the same problem

Sorted.

Last edited:
I'd really like to keep the 780, I'm just worried that the fault may not be fixable. I just want to be sure that the card is functioning properly but only have 2 hours to make the decision of whether to keep it or not.

No, it rarely rarely happens, when I had my 780, it'd usually only blue screen every now and then, I would game all day fine on my pc, then goto bed and wake up to see that it blue screened overnight. My old thread (in the first post) has old dump files from when I actually had my 780 if that's of any help. The 2 dmps in the zip I put on this thread only contain 1 crash from when I had my 780 so it may not be as helpful.

Well from what you've said I think your 780 is fine and i'm doing your dmp files now. I'll look at both anyway as it tells me more.

Alright, thanks
Edit: good news; I have 2 days now, but no longer. I need to make my mind up on whether I want to keep it or send it back by then.

Last edited:
PC just randomly turned off :L
Second time that it's happened, hasn't happened with my 780, actually. My screen went black, lights on the case stayed on, and the bios splash screen came up, basically like me resetting the PC, I don't think it's related to this, though, and definitely isn't at the top of my priority list atm.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffffffff80000000, 2, 1, fffff803e8cbc90e}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+23a )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
ok this dmp file is the one that was created when the 6700 series cards were in. Looking through the dmp file driver stack revealed very little apart from this:

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 03 20:56:17 2012: Either comes with Itunes or is a CD ROM filter driver from GEAR software. Update if possible.

RtHDMIVX.sys Fri Dec 02 10:32:46 2011
Realtek Audio. Please update:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#driver

tmp4DD1.tmp Sat Jul 26 14:29:37 2008. As far as I can make out it's from the game 'League of Legends'.

The other dmp file revealed even less although it was a bugcheck A error citing memory corruption but that doesn't always mean your RAM is bad. Please remove Avast AV and run MSE for the interim:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

I guess we won't know if your machine is fixed until tomorrow morning and whether it's blue screened or not. I've read your previous post and you've done everything that can be done.. Good job by the way..
If you do get a new bsod in the morning then please send me the dmp file

Alright, I doubt I will get a bsod to be completely honest, your best bet is my old dmp files, I had tons of bsods with my 780.
I don't play league of legends, and I only installed iTunes today (got bsod's before installing itunes) so I doubt that'll be the issue. I will update my audio driver and try. I will also get rid of avast.

once I'm done I'll be off to bed~

Uninstalled avast, the security essentials installer says I don't need to install it as my ver of windows has an updated version of windows defender that provides the same amount of protection.

Uninstalled avast, the security essentials installer says I don't need to install it as my ver of windows has an updated version of windows defender that provides the same amount of protection.
Of course.. I keep forgetting that fact. Let me know what the morning brings and if nothing pops up I'll go through your old 780 dmp files.. (I'm off to bed too..)

Well, this was unexpected. Another bsod overnight with my 6790's.
I'm going to put my 780 back in later. (if you advise against this please tell me, but I only have a day to decide to send it back or not now, so I need to try sort out the problem)

Attachments

• W7F_09-01-2014.zip
    498.4 KB · Views: 997
Back