Windows 8 Regular BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960001089f6, ffffd00028b8b090, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtUserSetProcessDpiAwareness+122 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
the actual process which caused the bsod was livecomm.exe although your RAM was also mentioned. I know you've ran it before but please run memtest86 again. Sometimes RAM errors can be a bugger to find and if a driver download or bios update doesn't fix the issue then usually it's a hardware problem.. You need to remove all the RAM but one stick. Test that for at least 7 passes and then move on to the next one.

What storage are you running? If it's an SSD see if any firmware updates are available. If it's a SATA drive then right click the computer icon, click properties, Tools and then under Error checking click check now or just check. It might say the scan isn't needed but run it anyway.

RtHDMIVX.sys Fri Dec 02 10:32:46 2011
Realtek Audio. Please update:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#driver

Also please apply the drivers and hotfixes found under the windows 8 section of driver downloads on the Gigabyte site:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#driver

I got another bsod whilst I was at school, I'll attach the dmp. I doubt it's the ram as I tried other memory a while back when I first got my 780 and still got bsods, and I did download the latest audio driver earlier. My SSD has been working fine for ages, but I'll do what you said. I'm just a little unsure about the ram being faulty. The bsod I got whilst at school didn't include win32k.sys, atleast from bluescreenview's perspective; this is what concerns me, usually there's always different drivers involved, yet ntoskrnl.exe has stayed there since the beginning of my bsods. Also, when I ran mem-test overnight it totaled 4 passes, does that mean I'll be waiting nearly a couple days for the complete mem-test results? If so then that's way too much time, as I really only have today to decide what to do with my 780.
(I put mem-test because it screws up the formatting when I take out the -)

Attachments

• W7F_09-01-2014.zip
    541.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Can't seem to find a firmware update for my SSD, I checked my data drive for errors, though, and it said there were no errors found.

corsair force gt 120gb, and yeah, the mem-test is taking ages, 3 of 4 passes after an hour and 6 mins and i'm still on my first stick of ram, I probably won't have enough time to get it all checked before deciding whether to keep the gpu or not.

Cheers, I'm testing my other 3 sticks of ram to 1 pass, I'll tell you the results. The first stick got to 3 passes (nearly 4) with 0 errors.

I just checked your 780 dmp files and the culprits range from Avast, win32k.sys, Network related, ntkrnlmp.exe and GPU drivers. Normally when the dmp files have many different errors it's usually hardware related and I'll be interested to see what your scans throw up as well as the SSD download.
May i also ask what else you have plugged into the machine other than mouse and keyboard.

Speakers (normal audio jack) ext dvd drive (had that for god knows how long) and an Ethernet cable, that's all, although I usually have my external hard drive connected too. Oh, and my usb headset, which I got 2 days after my gpu (it was blue screening before I got the headset) which is currently unplugged as well

quick note: stick 2 has passed 2 passes with 0 errors, going to run the other 2 upto 2 passes.

mem-test is done, 3 sticks got to 2 passes with 0 errors and 1 stick 4 passes 0 errors

- downloading the ssd toolbox program for my ssd, I'll see if there's any firmware updates, also, I have a secondary ssd I use for storage, if you're interested in that.

the firmware update failed, it was near the end of downloading the update, then I just got some text saying the update failed

I've attached an image of what the toolbox software shows me when I try update the firmware. In the image I have also put in a brief overview of my system spec

Attachments

• spec.png
    spec.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Hmm... Interesting. It might be a red herring but out of everything that has been looked at so far this is the only thing that is not fully updated. This Corsair forum has guides and FAQ's on products such as yours and one tip was to run the SSD Toolbox as admin and be running in AHCI mode. Have a look:
SSD Toolbox
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118313
Corsair Forum.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Also Updates for your other SSD can be found here:
http://ocz.com/consumer/download/firmware

My other ssd appears to have the latest firmware already. I'll switch my sata from raid to ahci and disconnect any other drives I have plugged in, then try update my corsair ssd.

Corsair ssd is up to date. I have taken out my other ssd for now. I now have my 780 back in so I can see how things run with it (the same as before, presumably)
I just need to sort out windows as i'm getting bsods at bootup, because I messed around with my sata settings, i think

Boots up nicely now. Just got to uninstall my amd drivers and put the latest nvidia ones on~
I have 2 days max to tell the seller whether it's being sent back. After that I can't return it.

Last edited:
PC went a bit funny a few minutes ago, my keyboard and mouse just froze :/ Unplugging them and plugging them back in sorted it though.
Before this happened, I had to force shutdown my pc, I could click windows and use ctrl alt del but I couldn't close anything or interact with programs, when I tried clicking shutdown it just froze at shutting down. I suppose it's better than a bsod, heh.

Last edited:
Back