Windows 8 Regular BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe

No bsod, so no dmp file. I'll do that once I'm back from school. I don't appear to have any apps which need updating~

Last edited:
No bsod? That's good news...finally.. :) I just had a hunch about your metro apps but if they're fine then ok. Post back if you need further assistance.

Still no bsod, but I'm pretty damn sure one will come sooner or later. Also, thanks for all your help so far, this is the biggest pain I've ever come across, even though I do have a fair bit of experience with general hardware/software issues, just not stuff this tense, haha.

Last edited:
Still no bsod, but I'm pretty damn sure one will come sooner or later. Also, thanks for all your help so far, this is the biggest pain I've ever come across, even though I do have a fair bit of experience with general hardware/software issues, just not stuff this tense, haha.

If it one does happen just send it in although fingers crossed you won't.. :)

Yeah, hopefully all will be good :) I just can't see it suddenly being okay when I haven't done too much.

Woo, another bsod :/ When I was using my computer, too.
I've attached the dmp, can't see it being of much use, though.
The gpu does work flawlessly in games, though, was playing metro 2033 earlier on the highest possible settings, and some steam games like team fortress 2 for a couple hours.

Attachments

• W7F_11-01-2014.zip
    686.7 KB · Views: 282
If you're asking why I can't see it being much use, it's because I've done loads to try sort it out. I've reinstalled windows multiple times, originally went from windows 7 to 8, then ended up reinstalling windows 8 a couple times, I've taken out my other ssd, had a new motherboard and cpu, my psu shouldn't be a problem, my ram appears to be fine, all it leaves is my ssd and 2 hard drives. I'm pretty sure my ssd is fine, not 100% sure about my hard drives, as sometimes the status of them in the intel rapid storage program shows up as failed or degraded. The harddrives still appear to work fine though, so I just ignore the issue and set the status back to normal.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801b2e8ea7f, ffffd00023a1c220, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!DirectComposition::CApplicationChannel::GetBatchFragment+117 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The only thing i can find in your dmp file which looks 'off' is this:

tmp36A0.tmp Sat Jul 26 14:29:37 2008: Googling leads me to believe this is from a game (league of legends) either uninstall or Use search and rename the file to break it.

PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 15:29:34 2011: This is a CD/DVD driver used by many different programs. If you have any of these uninstall to test:

pxhelp20.sys - A part of:

RecordNow!
ESSSONIC
Sonic RecordNow!/Sonic_PrimoSDK
Dell Media Experience
Pioneer RecordNow DX
Sonic MyDVD/RecordNow!/RecordNow DX/MyDVD Plus/PrimoSDK
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media/Digital Image Suite
Corel Photo Album
HP RecordNow/DigitalMedia Archive
IBM RecordNow!
Roxio Easy Media Creator/RecordNow Copy/Drag-to-Disc/Creator Basic v/Media Manager/CinePlayer
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Yahoo! Music Jukebox or Roxio
Napster Burn Engine
1CLICK DivxToDVD
OLYMPUS muvee theaterPack
by Sonic Solutions (www.sonic.com) or VERITAS Software, Inc (www.veritas.com).

I sense your frustration and apologise for not being able to help. It may help your cause to try here:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/

I don't play LoL, so idk why that's there, I searched for tmp36A0.tmp and nothing was found. I also have none of the software you said below pxhelp20.sys :/

Hmm... well those drivers are definitely there and i'm wondering why you can't see them. I even opened the dmp file again to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. This is odd i'll do some more investigating..

It's strange, and it really annoys me. My PC pretty much runs fine all day, then I get a random blue screen. You'd think there was some sort of trigger for the blue screen. When I leave my PC idle overnight I usually wake up to bsod . It's not healthy for my raid array either, it sometimes has to rebuild due to crashes.

Last edited:
Have you run a chkdsk on all your HDD's? Basically you are going to have to troubleshoot each peice of hardware and software to find the culprit. It's a ball breaker I know but I cannot see any way of finding the culprit other than this. If you need some advice on how to go about this let me know.

I have run a chkdsk on them, yeah. I know how to do it but if you have any good tips then please tell me. I have today left to tell the seller about the gpu, and being as the bsods don't happen very often at all, I'll probably have to keep my pc running for a while

If I decide to keep it I'll have as much time as I want/need. But I'm worried there may be a problem with the gpu, even though it performs really well.

I'm just going over all the details again just in case i missed something. I'll keep at it until I have something to post..

Skype was just acting up pretty badly, I went to quit it and I got a bsod. Attaching the dmp.

Attachments

• W7F_11-01-2014.zip
    748.8 KB · Views: 288
Another bsod. Took out my wifi card and swapped my memory for some generic 2x4gb 1333 sticks. -I'll see if it solves the problems, but it probably wont (as i've tried doing both before)

Attachments

• W7F_11-01-2014.zip
    782.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 10D, {3, 1fffee71cfd8, 20, ffffe00002d38730}

Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+1d2 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The above relates to USB3 and is a windows 8 driver. I wonder now that you've updated the firmware the os is a little corrupt. Please try running a system file checker. Oppen a admin cmd prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I also noticed an Intel driver is out of date::
HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 19:32:21 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface. A later version can be found here:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#dl

This may have something to do with the last dmp file you sent which had I/O errors.

Also just a thought, check your router doesn't need it's firmware updating or if you use something else see if it needs any updates.

I'm still finding this in your dm file:
tmpCBAC.tmp Sat Jul 26 14:29:37 2008

xn68.jpg

usb3 would kinda make sense as I only started using my usb3 case header with my new motherboard, but I can't see it causing this much trouble. I'm scanning for any corrupt os files and going to update my intel management engine interface driver.
sfc scannow found corrupt files, I have attached the cbs log so you can see the details.
An I/O error could be the cause of my bsods, correct me if I'm wrong. Hence why skype went all glitchy and windows acted up when skype did, too.

I will disconnect all my current drives and just leave a spare HD in, I'll install windows on it and see how my pc runs.
But first, I want to see if I get a bsod after doing what you told me to do, and taking my wifi card out and putting different ram in.

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    456.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom