Windows 7 Right Click All Programs Menu Bug

MyWindowsAteYourMac

HI!
I upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7. Everything seems to be working wonderfully except one small thing for me. When I click on my Start button then go to >All programs, if I attempt to right click and thing within this section, my windows explorer crashes.

I have tried a new reinstall, and still does it. It's not the end of the world, but kind of annoying atm. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
It appears that you are facing an issue with Windows Explorer crashing when you try to right-click on items within the Start menu's "All programs" section after upgrading from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7. This issue can indeed be frustrating, but there are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are a few suggestions to help troubleshoot and potentially fix this problem: 1. Run System File Checker (SFC): - Open Command Prompt as an administrator. - Type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter. - Let the scan run and repair any corrupted system files. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 is up to date by installing any available updates. - Sometimes, Windows...
It appears that you are facing an issue with Windows Explorer crashing when you try to right-click on items within the Start menu's "All programs" section after upgrading from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7. This issue can indeed be frustrating, but there are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are a few suggestions to help troubleshoot and potentially fix this problem: 1. Run System File Checker (SFC): - Open Command Prompt as an administrator. - Type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter. - Let the scan run and repair any corrupted system files. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 is up to date by installing any available updates. - Sometimes, Windows updates contain fixes for such issues. 3. Perform a Clean Boot: - A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs to help troubleshoot the issue. - To do this, type "msconfig" in the Start menu search bar, go to the "Services" tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services," then click "Disable all." Next, go to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager." Disable all startup items, close Task Manager, and restart the computer. 4. Check for Software Conflicts: - Sometimes third-party software can cause conflicts that lead to such issues. Try disabling any non-essential startup programs and see if the problem persists. 5. Create a New User Account: - Create a new user account and see if the problem occurs there. If not, the issue may be related to your user profile. 6. Update or Reinstall Drivers: - Ensure that your graphics card and other drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues. 7. Check Event Viewer: - Check the Event Viewer for any error logs related to the crashes. This might provide more specific information on what is causing the crashes. 8. Perform a System Restore: - If the issue started after a specific event or installation, you can try using System Restore to go back to a point before the problem occurred. By following these steps, you may be able to identify and resolve the issue with Windows Explorer crashing when right-clicking in the "All programs" section of the Start menu. If the issue persists, further investigation or advanced troubleshooting may be necessary.

Solution