Windows 10 My all programs are showing, help!

DigDugFighter

The Windows 10 update went fine expect when I open start menu my all programs are opened. Please tell me there's a way to minimize them..

Also the update deleted Ccleaner. lol wtf

Thanks for letting us know.:) When you run the "winver" command, do you get b1607;v14393.10??

If you did, that's the latest version from today's update. Haven't seen a solution to that, but give us a couple of days. In the meantime, you might consider "rolling back" your system using built-in windows SYSTEM RESTORE utility, and try it again. Make sure that you have any and all extra storage drives (both internal and USB) disconnected from your computer's Motherboard prior to letting the update run again. Also, disconnect any and all USB peripherals such as external hard drives, flash drives, printers, scanners, webcams, UPSes, etc. before re-running the upgrade again.

Only 1-W10 machine I have out of 5 updated today; and I did not run into your problem.

'luck!
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Yes, I have that version. I will just wait it out. I read they did updates to the start menu. I will clean install when they have an updated W10 image.

Yes, I don't know if it's a "feature" or bug. Everything else seems to be working so far. I had to Re-enable SLI and change a few settings back. Really I hope they let us disable that all programs part of the start menu because I don't need it or want it. Loving the new virtual desktop features though.

Hey DigDug,
Thanks for posting back you have the correct version!:up: I seem to have misunderstood your complaint.:redface: I thought you meant that all the programs listed on your Start Menu OPENED IN WINDOWS ALL AT ONCE CASCADING AND FILLING UP YOUR DESKTOP SCREEN!!:zoned: My bad, maybe it's the meds I'm on..LOL.:insanity: I'm thinking if Microsoft turned those features you mention all off, you'd be back to running XP. Of course, the people still running W98 would complain about the new features added to XP that they didn't have or want in W98.:eek: Progress is a painful thing I'm afraid. At least with programs like Classic Shell, you can re-program your desktop to behave or emulate earlier versions of windows such as XP-VISTA-W7-W8x. Maybe the Classic Shell authors will come up with a new version that will let you customize your W10 to make it look and work like earlier windows versions! :scratch:

Best,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

If the Start Menu is taking up the entire screen do the following
  • Press [Windows key + i]
  • Go to Personalize
  • Start
  • Turn off Full Screen Start Menu

As far as the "All Programs Showing" on the left side, it doesn't look like you can change that. The quickest way to locate a program from that menu is click on the letter for example "S" and it should switch to alphabet selection screen, then click on the letter your application starts with and select your application. It's actually pretty fast. The other option is to simply press the Windows key and start typing the application name.

It's just a very interesting choice to have it like that especially when they have a search bar. The full screen start is better but I'm not really liking it full screen. I was just getting used to not being able to customize those programs, now they stick them in my face. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, I don't see how even the newest PC user would need this. (Assuming they are trying to make it easier for people)

The way it was before the update and the way full screen start menu is now it shouldn't be impossible to give us some options or choices to how it looks. I just don't see how it could ever be a good thing (Must be a limitation when adding other features.) Oh well..

Hi

I'm assuming that it's a feature.
It didn't really make sense to have to click a second time to see your installed program list.

I was surprised when I opened it the first time too.

I'm finding that the interface windows have pretty much all been redone.

I just got so I knew where things were and now a lot of things have changed again. LOL

Mike

Back
Top Bottom