Windows 7 All Programs Crashing - Multiple Error Logs Included - Help Needed

Gorlacon

Hey guys. My desktop has been unusable for several months now. Whenever I open a program, especially one with a heavy focus on moving visuals the application will crash within a few minutes. With some applications like my web browser this will take hours to happen, but with games or even Youtube videos within my browser it reliably takes no more than a few minutes.

I tried looking at the crash logs myself, thinking myself fairly good at problem solving. I noticed through Googling that most of the errors had the line Exception Code=c0000005" which means that there was an issue with the program trying to access null memory. Through messing with the placement of my RAM and using only one stick I seemed to reduce the frequency of the crashes (or so I thought at the time, it might have been placebo) and so I sent back my RAM for an RMA.

When the RAM came back it didn't fix the problem, so my next step was to assume it might have been an issue with my Video Card. I tried taking out my video card and using only my integrated graphics to see if the issue was my VRAM. Again, no luck.

My final step was to reinstall my graphics card and perform a full reinstall of Windows. This would (I hoped) fix any driver issues. For the record, and I regret it now, I did not format the disk, as I forgot about that option when going through the process. Anyway, this hasn't solved the issue either.

Can someone who is more knowledgeable look at my methods, examine my logs, and tell me where I am failing? This issue has humbled me, and brought me to my knees. I simply cannot for the life of me solve this damn issue.

Crash logs are uploaded as "Crash_(Program name)" and my system specs and information is uploaded as a full .nfo file labeled "System Information" and should include everything.

Any and all help is appreciated, and an unimaginable amount of gratitude to anyone that can help me solve this issue.

Attachments

• Crash_Chrome.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Crash_FarCry4.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 676
  • Crash_GTA4EFLC.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Crash_NFS.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Crash_SleepingDogs.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Crash_Warband.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Crash_Word.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 270
  • System Info.nfo
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
  • Crashes as a result of Prime95.png
    Crashes as a result of Prime95.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm bumping with an update! I decided to test Prime 95 based on suggestions from a user on another website. As soon as I began the Blend test (I also ran a small FFT test, same result) all the programs I had open began crashing almost instantly. Upon inspection, it showed the exact same error logs I was experiencing. What could be going on? I know now it is hardware related, but particularly could be causing these symptoms? I have updated the main post with a screenshot displaying this also.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
If your computer is truly crashing then .......
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then……Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.

Back