Windows 8 ROCCAT Kova+ Gaming Mouse software issue

NightEagle

I seem to have run into a problem.

I've had a ROCCAT Kova+ Gaming Mouse ever since last Christmas. When I plugged it in to the computer, it worked out of the box. What I did to make it work even more was to install the latest driver for it. The problem is, since I run Windows 8.1 and the latest driver is for Windows 7, there is no support for said OS. So I preceeded to install the software driver just to prove it wrong. It installed fine and opened normally.The problem is that every time I decide to make a change to the mouse settings, the software crashes. It does respond after like 3 minutes or so max, but I believe it is a compatibility issue since it shouldn't be doing that for that long. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but this time I changed the Compatibility Settings of the setup executable to run as if it was Windows 7. Still no change after installing.

So I was wondering if someone could help me try and solve this issue since its really bugging me.

Thanks!

Hi NightEagle,
when you first installed the drivers/software did you use the 'run as admin' command? I use a Kone XTD and apparently that's the best way to install these drivers?

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit? Did you install the 32 bit or 64 bit driver/software package for your mouse. Looking at the support page for your mouse, I see what you mean, that the driver/software package is for XP (32 bit only) up to windows 7 (32/64 bit) and no windows 8/8.1 support.

You might want to contact Roccat directly and ask them what you can do.

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit? Did you install the 32 bit or 64 bit driver/software package for your mouse. Looking at the support page for your mouse, I see what you mean, that the driver/software package is for XP (32 bit only) up to windows 7 (32/64 bit) and no windows 8/8.1 support.

You might want to contact Roccat directly and ask them what you can do.

My OS is 64-bit.

I'll send a support email to them when I can.

Back