Windows 7 Seagate 1Tb - second partition not visible in windows 7

kode

Hi all,

I just installed Windows 7 and I have this problem:

I have external drive 1Tb Seagate FreeAgent which I split into two partitions and format them under linux with fdisk with code 7 (NTFS). Both partitions are visible with my linux and Windows XP, but the second isn't in Windows 7.
Unfortunately most of the data I use is in it and I don't want to move it.

I found somewhere on inet to change from default to performance setting on the usb, but it's not helping.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I just installed Windows 7 and I have this problem:

I have external drive 1Tb Seagate FreeAgent which I split into two partitions and format them under linux with fdisk with code 7 (NTFS). Both partitions are visible with my linux and Windows XP, but the second isn't in Windows 7.
Unfortunately most of the data I use is in it and I don't want to move it.

I found somewhere on inet to change from default to performance setting on the usb, but it's not helping.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance.

Has it been assigned a drive letter ?

If not you can do this by right click my computer\manage\disk management ?

Hi, http://windows7forums.com/members/ickymay.htmlickymay. Thank you for reply. There was no drive letter assigned. I try to reply but some errors occur. Here is step by step what I do:

1 go to disk management and try to assign drive letter. This message was displayed:
The operation failed to complete because Disk Menagement console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persist close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer.

2. Refresh and try again
3. close and run again disk manager
4. restart computer and try again

Every time same message and I am not able to assign drive letter.

Hi, \\\"http://windows7forums.com/members/ickymay.html\\\"ickymay. Thank you for reply. There was no drive letter assigned. I try to reply but some errors occur. Here is step by step what I do:

1 go to disk management and try to assign drive letter. This message was displayed:

2. Refresh and try again
3. close and run again disk manager
4. restart computer and try again

Every time same message and I am not able to assign drive letter.

I would suspect the drivers for the Seagate may need to be updated, you could possibly try updating your hardware for the disk by installing
drivers through the "install new hardware" dialogue, or by going to the manufacturers site ?

Back