Windows 7 Setting up Network - Help

kccatnsac1

Hey everyone,
Im not familiar with networks and Im having a heck of at time trying to figure out why I cant see the other computer on my network at my new job.

I have run the network troubleshooter and it says that both computers are running the Network Address Translator. I have looked and havent found any way to get it changed.

I have two computer both running Windows 7 professional and a Netgear router hooked up to a DSL Verizon ISP.

Any help or idea on what I need to do would be greatly appreicated. My boss has already spent a bundle trying to get it fixed and the person we had come in obviously didnt know what he was doing.

Thanks for the help.

KC

Is this a home network or business? Is the Verizon DSL modem for home or laptops? Is one PC at home and the other at some other location? Do both computers have the same name HOMEGROUP ? I found this from ehow, it might shed some light on the subject for you. Also check out Netgear's website for troubleshooting issues and resolves. Also make sure to check out your network sharing center and run the trouble shooting area.

Back