Windows 10 Settings keeps collapsing

Nikork900

Hello people who are better than me on Windows... Please help.

Each time I open the settings application in windows 10, it stays open for a few seconds and then collapses back down. It doesn't appear to be crashing to me, it just collapses back down to the taskbar.

Any advice on how to resolve greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick

The new control panel "System Settings" is an appx package. You can also try removing or renaming the config directory for it and re-registering the application.

From a powershell prompt

Get-Item $env:LOCALAPPDATA\packages\*immer* | % { Rename-Item "$($_.FullName)" -NewName "$($_.FullName).old"}
Get-AppxPackage -Name *immer* | % { Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode }

Enter the sfc/scannow command and hit Enter. This command allows you to create a new ImmersiveControlPanel folder. Then restart your computer and check if the Settings app crashes gain. Other Insiders said that this issue is account based and using a different user account for log in should fix it

Hello people who are better than me on Windows... Please help.

Each time I open the settings application in windows 10, it stays open for a few seconds and then collapses back down. It doesn't appear to be crashing to me, it just collapses back down to the taskbar.

Any advice on how to resolve greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick

Hi Nikork,
Try the below option. You will get your system working as in earlier days.

I would suggest you to use DISM command and then check if taskbar crashes.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b
: Then click Command prompt(Admin)

c:
Now type the following command and hit enter

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Back