Windows 10 Snip shortcut not working

Whatsisname

Win 10 v1902(2) updated ok this morning and snip shortcut "Win logo + shift + S" not working. Gives rapid flashing between 2 yellow pop ups, keyboards Eng UK and Eng US.
I only have Eng UK in preferred language.
Also the delivery of key stroke to printed letter is wrong with @ should be ", # should be pound sign (lost) and a lot more wrong.
I had to relearn keyboard to sign in to this forum LOL.
Any chance of a quick retrieval before my wife throws a wobble?

Thanks for the reply Neemobeer,
No error found in logs but restarted and it came back working OK. One of those Gremlins!
Retried snip keyboard shortcut and the problems started again.
If I reboot and the problem does not occur I will not repost. I will not be retesting the snip keyboard shortcut and hopefully Microsoft will attend to this gremlin in a subsequent update. Perhaps you could send it on.

You can try running the following from a Powershell prompt to re-register the sketch application, it may resolve the issue.
Code:
$Package = Get-ChildItem "$($env:LOCALAPPDATA)\Packages\*sketch*"
Rename-Item $Package.FullName "$($Package.FullName).bak"

Get-AppxPackage -Name "*sketch*" | % { Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode }

Well Neemobeer, if your still out there. Thank you for the reply, I've moved on to Win 2004 and hiccups have subsided. I write this because I forgot to give you a like for having the interest and care for helping slow people such as myself, obviously lockdown has given me too much time to fill with resurrecting old communications.
Keep safe. Regards

Back
Top Bottom