Snow Leopard Bug

ARF

Yes that definitely is a problem, ive read about that. But....

1 problem for apple...
Can we even count MS problems?

Well,, Mac had a very long going (maybe still?) really bad bug that could/would allow unknown users to access the PC with full root (admin) access. They tried to keep it hush. You can look it up.

Windows also runs on 98% more hardware, and supports 99% more software,
Mac is limited to what they decide to support (2%) if that?.
So, yeah,, I would say that 1,, is a HUGE deal. And Mac community can ,, blankity, blank, my ass.

Joe S

Excellent Member
I've often wondered how Mac and Linux would fare if they were subjected to the same level of assault by hackers that Window endures. I suspect their fan boys would come up disappointed.
Joe

Yes,, I agree.

Any system can be hacked. It is just a matter of perseverance and aptitude with a bit of social engineering thrown in, and you can hack anything given enough time.

I've often wondered how Mac and Linux would fare if they were subjected to the same level of assault by hackers that Window endures. I suspect their fan boys would come up disappointed.
Joe
I would have to say that Linux is hacked quite often when someone breaks into a server, But the difference is the majority of times Linux is successfully hacked can be attributed to the System admin not taking proper security precautions. not because of a flaw in the system.

This whole thread is a little off topic for the Windows 7 discussion forum I think.:rolleyes:
And No I haven't been a "Fan Boy" since I had an AppleIIe back in the '70s.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.