Windows 7 So Called "Security Alert"?

lostsoul65

I have Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7 computer and I get this “Windows Security Alert” from Cleanerworrysaferyin saying it detected Trojans and ready to remove them. They want to put up a setup.zip. I was watching Netflix and my computer stop dead in its tracks and this warning came on which it has done several times and I run a scan and everything is clean. I think this is some kind of advertisement which just stops my computer in its tracks? Also last night I get a call from Skype saying my computer is at risk. All this crap is invading my privacy and I have “Microsoft Security Essentials” but I don’t think it’s enough so can anyone give me some advice on how to stop all this crap. Thanks.
PS: What is this 7-ZIP 4.2? Is this something I should be downloading?

Last edited:
Sounds like more ScareWare to me.
Grab a blank CD and this program What is Windows Defender Offline? (get the correct version for your architecture) The program will create a bootable CD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a FULL system scan. It defaults to Quick Scan, so make sure you do the Full Scan.
Additionally you may want to supplement that with MalwareBytes Free Version from here Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
Download, install, update signatures, reboot computer in safe mode and run a full system scan.
Regards
Randy

Nothing much to add, but 7-Zip is a compression software. However, it's up to stable v. 9.20 already, which could indicate that someone is trying to harass you in a severe way. Bad ones usually appear with name of good ones... Do NOT download it. If you want the program, go to 7-Zip

You might do wisely in critically checking your connections on Internet. I had two Denial of Service attacks when I was active on Youtube. Not funny, I can assure you.

Take care.
:)

Back
Top Bottom