Windows 10 Something's wrong with my screen resolution...

Legna

Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 555
Windows Version - Windows 10 Home
Toshiba Screen Resolution - 1768x992
Graphic's Driver Version - 364.51-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
Location - USA

First off, I've always set my screen resolution to 1768x992. That's what I had it set to for XP, Win7, Win Vista and Win 8 + 8.1. And it looked perfect with everything on-screen and nothing out-of-bounds. I bought and installed Win 10 Home. Installed the latest Graphic's Drivers and set the screen resolution to 1768x992. Now, all of the icons are out-of-bounds (half way off the screen) and my Stardock Fenced apps are all over the place. It doesn't matter what I set the resolution to, it's all the same.

The graphic's driver that I am using is called: 364.51-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql. I live in the USA but have never had a problem with International Graphic's Drivers... What is the problem?

Ok. Figured it out. I was installing their "Game Ready Drivers", when I should have been installing their "Windows 10 Drivers". Silly me...

Hi Legna,
to be honest they are pretty much one and the same thing. However if you have your issue all sorted then you must be on the right road. :) I just wanted to say Hi and if the issue should return please post again. We'll try and answer a bit faster next time.. ;)

Hi Legna,
to be honest they are pretty much one and the same thing. However if you have your issue all sorted then you must be on the right road. :) I just wanted to say Hi and if the issue should return please post again. We'll try and answer a bit faster next time.. ;)

Ok. Thanks. I really appreciate it! The problem was most definitely the driver version. I even went back and reinstalled the Game Ready Drivers and my apps went off-screen. Changing the screen resolution and/or the size of text, apps, and other items won't fix the issue. Installing the latest version of their Windows Drivers fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom