Windows 7 [SoS] Blue Screen [SoS]

My thoughts are to disable the on board grahics and put in a new Graphic card. People more knowledgeable than me can recommend a good one for that board. I do not think your on board graphic card is a good fit tor W7 are you running 64 bit or 32 bit W7. I am personally a fan of Nvidia chip-set cards, many others here will tell you ATI is better. To me it 6 of one and half dozen of the other when it comes to Graphics cards.

If you think it is the Video driver for your onboard system, you need to check if you have the latest. I am showing several revisions of your board, so only you can tell. You would need the Chipset/VGA/SATA drivers.

If Win 7 is replacing the ones you download, you might try to stop that. Once you decide which ones are best, you can use those.

I also noticed some of the bios updates affect the VGA settings. These would be F3 and F4, so you might want to check if you have those. But once again, this might be revision specific.

If you think it is the Video driver for your onboard system, you need to check if you have the latest. I am showing several revisions of your board, so only you can tell. You would need the Chipset/VGA/SATA drivers.

If Win 7 is replacing the ones you download, you might try to stop that. Once you decide which ones are best, you can use those.

I also noticed some of the bios updates affect the VGA settings. These would be F3 and F4, so you might want to check if you have those. But once again, this might be revision specific.

You mean to say is that I must not update driver from windows..???

Follow these instructions and you should be fine..:
@BIOS

Your motherboard can be found here:
GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.1) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Notice in the screenshot I've arrowed the revision numbers: make sure you get the right board. You'll find the revision number on the actual motherboard so do check as it's extremely important. I'd flash with the most current bios for your board and do please follow the instructions to the letter. Using @Bios (link above) the process is pretty much automated so it easier than normal flashing..

Follow these instructions and you should be fine..:
@BIOS

Your motherboard can be found here:
GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.1) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Notice in the screenshot I've arrowed the revision numbers: make sure you get the right board. You'll find the revision number on the actual motherboard so do check as it's extremely important. I'd flash with the most current bios for your board and do please follow the instructions to the letter. Using @Bios (link above) the process is pretty much automated so it easier than normal flashing..

Well I have the following updates for my BIOS, which of them do you think is really necessary..!!!

GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

What I am saying is bios update F4 and maybe F5 has VGA updates. If you have those or later, do not worry about it.

Micorsoft does not always supply the best driver. If your system is working, you may want to consider whether to allow Microsoft to update a driver. At least keep track of the drivers and be ready to roll back to a working driver in case Windows does give you a bad option.

Which bios are you currently running?

I spoke to soon I guess..!!!:(

Blue Screen Crashes started again..!!!

Please check the MINIDUMP file..!!!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party as I only just noticed this thread :eek:

looking over your posts I doubt this is hardware and feel this is most likely to be a software issue ?

this latest .dmp file when run through windows debugger comes up with
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, 401f6, 8, 401f6}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+460da )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.

when debugger states KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED it's very likely a driver initiated by a process, which in this case was Chrome then references an illegal address and this crashes the NT kernel > ntkrnlmp.exe ?

(ntkrnlmp.exe = "NT KeRNeL, Multi-Processor version" (Windows) BSODs frequently get attributed to ntkrnlmp, purely because it was dealing with bad data ! )

the first steps to cure this is to find the offending driver and update it ?

these two drivers named in the crash are a year out of date
Rt64win7.sys fffff880`0406a000 fffff880`0409c000 0x00032000 0x49a65b0d 26/02/2009 10:04:13
atikmdag.sys fffff880`04697000 fffff880`04bb9000 0x00522000 0x49f199cd 24/04/2009 11:51:57

Rt64win7.sys is your realtek network card driver ?
atikmdag.sys is your ATI gfx card ?

install the latest version of BIOS available for your motherboard ?

also what antivirus and or third party firewall are you using ?

to help eliminate the possibility this could be hardware please test your memory, and I get consistent results by burning to CD (using an ISO burner) & running from boot memtest86+ for at least 5 passes and moving the sticks between slots running them together and singly to verify motherboard ram slots work as well as each ram stick ?

there are more steps to take if this doesn't solve your problem as ideally we could do with a crash .dmp that names the offending driver , but for now update those old drivers and run memtest86 then let us know how it goes ?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party as I only just noticed this thread :eek:

looking over your posts I doubt this is hardware and feel this is most likely to be a software issue ?

this latest .dmp file when run through windows debugger comes up with

when debugger states KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED it's very likely a driver initiated by a process, which in this case was Chrome then references an illegal address and this crashes the NT kernel > ntkrnlmp.exe ?

(ntkrnlmp.exe = "NT KeRNeL, Multi-Processor version" (Windows) BSODs frequently get attributed to ntkrnlmp, purely because it was dealing with bad data ! )

the first steps to cure this is to find the offending driver and update it ?

these two drivers named in the crash are a year out of date

Rt64win7.sys is your realtek network card driver ?
atikmdag.sys is your ATI gfx card ?

install the latest version of BIOS available for your motherboard ?

also what antivirus and or third party firewall are you using ?

to help eliminate the possibility this could be hardware please test your memory, and I get consistent results by burning to CD (using an ISO burner) & running from boot memtest86+ for at least 5 passes and moving the sticks between slots running them together and singly to verify motherboard ram slots work as well as each ram stick ?

there are more steps to take if this doesn't solve your problem as ideally we could do with a crash .dmp that names the offending driver , but for now update those old drivers and run memtest86 then let us know how it goes ?

Well I guess I was rite about CHROME then..!!!

I use NOD 32 64 bit Anti Virus..!!!

& yes RTL8168 is my network card..!!!

How do I get the info of the present version of BIOS.???

& can you suggest me which BIOS update is necessary for my hardware..???

I have 1 more doubt if the Blue Screen in my PC is caused by CHROME then why do I get it when I try to format my PC to WINDOWS 7..???

But I don't get that when I format it to XP..!!!

Last edited:
Well I guess I was rite about CHROME then..!!!

I use NOD 32 64 bit Anti Virus..!!!

& yes RTL8168 is my network card..!!!

How do I get the info of the present version of BIOS.???

& can you suggest me which BIOS update is necessary for my hardware..???

I have 1 more doubt if the Blue Screen in my PC is caused by CHROME then why do I get it when I try to format my PC to WINDOWS 7..???

But I don't get that when I format it to XP..!!!

chrome is not necessarily the cause here but more the catalyst in this analyzed crash .dmp only ?

follow what Kemical said and install the newest BIOS offered specific to your motherboard and revision number ?

I would also unninstall NOD32 and replace with Link Removed due to 404 Error for debugging purposes :)

if your Realtek network card is the 8168 C then get your driver from here on the Realtek site ?

Last edited:
If you watch the screen closely when booting up then the first screen you see (the one with the HDD's listed) will have written somewhere near the top. Or try using this app found here: Link Removed due to 404 Error

See screenshot:

Oh and as to which bios to use.... The latest one is generally the best as it contains all the latest updates..

Last edited:
Well the foll attachment has the details now can you please please tell me if I need a BIOS update..!???

Attachments

• ANONYMOUS.txt
    67.8 KB · Views: 360
Hello !!

I was just going through the entire thread seems like each time it shows each problem. Most of the crashes happens by a rouge drivers what Windows some times catches it might is not recording in Minidump correctly. So what i would suggest is to delete all the MiniDumps from the folder then enable the Driver Verifier. Follow this thread and Enable Driver Verifier. Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers - Windows 7 Forums If its a software problem Driver Verifier would catch it. Also run this Tool Link Removed due to 404 Error

Note:
Some Antivirus / Firewall are telling that SF Diagonstic Tool is Trogan its just a False postive becasue the publisher is unknown. Nothing to worry it won't harm your Computer

When you Run the Tool make sure you Right Click on the SF Diagnostic Tool.exe and Run as administrator. It might take around 2 to 3 mins to Generate the whole report

Once you Run the Tool it will Generate the Output under your Desktop under a Folder called "Seven Forum"

Right Click on "Seven Forum" Folder Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder and upload it here

Hope this helps,
Captain

Last edited:
I spoke to soon I guess..!!!:(

Blue Screen Crashes started again..!!!

Please check the MINIDUMP file..!!!

Alright, let's see here.

Please uninstall TuneUp Utilities:

Code:
TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64 TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Thu Sep 17 07:54:52 2009

Please install the latest video card driver:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Fri Apr 24 06:51:57 2009

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Please install the latest Realtek lan driver for Win7 64 bit found at the next link:

Realtek

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

Please post a new crash dump after doing these things, but I don't think it is going to be necessary. Enjoy...but we're here if it is.

Alright, let's see here.

Please uninstall TuneUp Utilities:

TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64 TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Thu Sep 17 07:54:52 2009

Please install the latest video card driver:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Fri Apr 24 06:51:57 2009
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Please install the latest Realtek lan driver for Win7 64 bit found at the next link:

Realtek

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
Please post a new crash dump after doing these things, but I don't think it is going to be necessary. Enjoy...but we're here if it is.

I will give it a try, thank you..!!!

Back
Top Bottom